Is a life size scorpion scorpion possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloUTS

I cant afford to do it because im only 15, but would it be possible to create a life size scorpion tank? (just out of interest)

I see the kinda stuff they do on scrapheap challenge, and it would be bloody hard, but could it be done?

In essance, yes it is possible. I know that there is a few warthogs that were built and I know that there was a lifesize banshee was built (albeit out of cardboard). So it is very possible if someone had the drive, patience and cash to do it.

Possible: Yes

Does anyone who would want to have that kind of money: Probably not

Still a cool thought though.

agreed it would be pretty furkin cool, maybe for the anniversairy of 405th.com people could pitch money together to make one :') just a thought

It is possible, but would cost tens of thousands of dollars.
Life sized millenium falcon cost a little over $3000 (lots of waste because of trial-and-error -- they "didn't know what they were doing").
We have the pep file of the scorpion, so building it would be in the hundreds, not thousands. It could be done for around $300 with a plywood skin and square tubing frame. We have several members with the skills to build it accurately on the cheap.

Life sized millenium falcon cost a little over $3000 (lots of waste because of trial-and-error -- they "didn't know what they were doing").
We have the pep file of the scorpion, so building it would be in the hundreds, not thousands. It could be done for around $300 with a plywood skin and square tubing frame. We have several members with the skills to build it accurately on the cheap.

Hey, can i join in? :D
I'm new, but i learn very fast. And so far, i've pleased many people. If you've been on Armorama, i've beaten even veteran modelers, as an amateur.

this is what we should do for the anniversairy of 405th and its community sometime and all pitch in over a summer or something :)

BTW I am making a full size scorpion, only turret though, out of plywood and aluminium.

Be sure to look at the date of the last post man, this one was 4 years old. Please refrain from posting on threads over a couple months old, as it bumps down new content!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back