Is A4 paper standard (in US) 8.5 x 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlino

I feel overly noob for even asking. But as I understood it, A4 paper size was larger than the typical 8.5 x 11 in sheets we use in the US. I always switch the paper size in Pepakura to "Letter" and rearrange the pieces to fit. So my question, if im using 8.5 x 11 in cardstock, can I just keep the pep's A4 layout?

Usually no, A4 IS a tiny bit larger than US's standard letter size(8.5x11). You can check after switching to letter size in Pepakura to make sure the layout of the pieces will still fit though. If it does, go ahead and print. If not, you'll want to do some rearranging before you print on letter size stock.

A4 is longer but narrower 210×297mm (8.3×11.7") than Letter (8.5x11), I researched this the other day and our local stapels can order it, or for a couple of bucks they would cut down a stack of 110 cardstock that was 11X17 down to A4 size, there were 50 sheets in the pack which would have given me 100 sheets of A4 if I truely needed it.

I see. So I was correct in setting it to 'letter' and rearranging the pieces. I was just curious because someone said A4 is the standard 8.5x11 paper. Was hoping I could eliminate that step out of the long process that is armor making. Ok guys, thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back