Is the Recon Permutation worth a couple hours of searching how to unlock it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just like with the IWBYD skull, someone will dig through the code of halo3 to figure out where the coding for that armor is. now, figuring out how to unlock it once they find the code, who knows? that part may never happen.

i dont know about that of ONLY bungie guys get it cause look at Master Chief from Arby 'n' Chief he got RECON cause he sent an email sayin how much of a big fan he his to Bunige and Halo and Recon. so yea i dont htink its IMPOSSIBLE ok? LoL can i play Call of Duty 4 now? J/K H3 is the Best.

Anyone who wants it or asks for it won't get it. It's for Bungie employee's and is rarely awarded to players by Bungie employees for unusually wierd achievements reported in the Halo community.

In short, No, you can not has recon, plz!

CrAzY CH13F said:
Bungie Employees ONLY, unless said overwise by Bungie.
Not true at all.. It was given to Bungie Employees and to BNET forum posters with 10,000+ posts. But I think they stopped giving it to people with 10,000+. I know this because the other week I was playing Halo 3 and I seen someone on my team with a Recon helmet and his head was not flaming so I asked him how he got it and he told me he had over 10,000 posts on the BNET forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then I guess you better start posting at bnet... see you in a couple years! Watch out for big hammers!

Sean Bradley said:
Then I guess you better start posting at bnet... see you in a couple years! Watch out for big hammers!
I know right? lol. Im sure eventually Bungie will release more armor including the Recon helmet.. If not? Then oh well, we cant always get what we want :p

optimusaint said:
just like with the IWBYD skull, someone will dig through the code of halo3 to figure out where the coding for that armor is. now, figuring out how to unlock it once they find the code, who knows? that part may never happen.
actually people have searched the game coding, and the recon helmet isn't in there. it has to do with something they do with the servers.

supertaco said:
actually people have searched the game coding, and the recon helmet isn't in there. it has to do with something they do with the servers.

no your wrong its there, there are 2 ways to get it 1.Use a hex workshop like rufus did and hex it onto your game disk <<<<extremely hard
2. There is a way to unlock it but no one has found out yet and ps bungie is still pissed because only certain people were to have hayabusa armor and if the team of devs did not hex into a level and stumble upon IWHBYD skull every1 would be asking for hayabusa not recon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(soxfanant95 @ Feb 9 2008, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>no your wrong its there, there are 2 ways to get it 1.Use a hex workshop like rufus did and hex it onto your game disk <<<<extremely hard
2. There is a way to unlock it but no one has found out yet and ps bungie is still pissed because only certain people were to have hayabusa armor and if the team of devs did not hex into a level and stumble upon IWHBYD skull every1 would be asking for hayabusa not recon</div>
it is? i read alot of topics on bungie.net and someone said that, but cool that it's in the game.
can't you get banned for having recon armor with out them knowing

Digital Ph33r's email didnt say how much of a fan he is, it said that he is the guy who made Arby N' Chief, considering it was on the Bungie website, it was a given take for him to try for the recon.

BloodyShadow13 said:
next time someone asks this we should all say yes...
i kinda agree it gets kinda old when someone asks. we get this at least 1ce every 2 months

This is pretty much hearsay, but I've heard that if you get one video, map variant, game type, etc. put up on the Bungie favorites, they will send you a code that'll activate Recon in your armor list. Again, this is unfounded, but it is rather hard to accomplish these days, so I almost don't doubt it. There might be more to it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back