Is This About Right Sized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxysweed

So, spent a few hours putting this together (masking tape, it is..), and I'm wondering if this is about the right size or if I should go with a bigger size. I'm not gonna be doing Mark V armor, but Mark VI, but I want to know what to aim for... And yes, I realize that resin *might* melt the tape, but I'm going with the hot glue method on one side, then taking the tape away, and then resin, or something like that...

Anyways, does this look right on my skinny 6' 4" frame, or should I go bigger/smaller? Thanks.
Oh, and sorry about my lousy hair, ussually rock a 4" (and growing) Mohawk...

1-18.jpg

2-18.jpg

3-17.jpg

4-16.jpg

5-14.jpg

6-12.jpg

7-7.jpg

looks pretty good but i've never made a back plate or chest plate so i wouldn't know...
and tape... really???...

i think it needs to be a lil bigger.. wut kind of tape are you using?
if its scotch itl melt it but it will work if your using electrical tape

scrathc that i didnt read it fully -.- :p lol

redragon74 said:
i think it needs to be a lil bigger.. wut kind of tape are you using?
if its scotch itl melt it but it will work if your using electrical tape

scrathc that i didnt read it fully -.- :p lol

Yah, I read scotch doesn't work, but electrical does...
I just happen to have like 1000 feet of masking tape laying around, and if the inside is hot glue, then resin, it should hold up, right?

InfiniTTTy said:
Looks pretty close to me. I find it easier to tell from the front though...

Yah, I know. Just can't figure out the fit (keep in mind I'm skinny), and I forgot it at me mums house, so I can't get a good picture...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am building a Mark V now. You really cannot use it as a size tester though. Anyway, it is about the right size, but it could use a couple cm in the scale height. Also, I don't think using the hot glue method and then resining it is the best choice. You should just use the hotglue instead of the tape and fiberglass the inside. Simple and it turns out much better.

- Adulese

Adulese said:
I am building a Mark V now. You really cannot use it as a size tester though. Anyway, it is about the right size, but it could use a couple cm in the scale height. Also, I don't think using the hot glue method and then resining it is the best choice. You should just use the hotglue instead of the tape and fiberglass the inside. Simple and it turns out much better.

- Adulese

So, just hot glue the flap together?
Though about that, or just superglue/CA'ing it.. Or is that bad? Super glue the flaps on, then hot glue the inside....
I like Hot Glue becuase it's properties and want to minimize the whole resin process. It's quite hot outside and not a nice enviroment to work in, and I don't like the the whole poison thing. Though about aqua resining the oustide...

Thanks for the help though. Keep us updated (lots of pictures) on the Mark V..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back