Props It's Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

delta38

So i've finaly started on a grav. hammer, after the mat's just sitting there for like 2 months.. i was like,, Hmm, I'm gonna start this today.. And heres a few hours worth of work with gay foam.
Not completely finished. it's really only 2D atm, need to add more payers of foam to thicken it out a bit, and still need to figure out what im going to make the blade out of, and i need something to use for the neck, any ideas?
critizim is welcome
GHPT1.jpg

GHPT2.jpg

GHPT3.jpg

GHPT4.jpg

you should use a PVC pipe for the handle and you can make the blade out of cardboard and then resin it and then bondo it to give it any details and any design you want on it and it will be very hard, i think you should of used bondo instead of foam it would of been easier and faster but other than that sound like you got it under control upload some pics so we can help you out some more

delta38 said:
And heres a few hours worth of work with gay foam.
Is that a brand, type, or just some foam with homosexual tendencies.
You're off to a very nice start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigalt424 said:

Haha, I think I peed a little.:lol:

delta38 said:
So i've finaly started on a grav. hammer, after the mat's just sitting there for like 2 months.. i was like,, Hmm, I'm gonna start this today.. And heres a few hours worth of work with gay foam.
Not completely finished. it's really only 2D atm, need to add more payers of foam to thicken it out a bit, and still need to figure out what im going to make the blade out of, and i need something to use for the neck, any ideas?
critizim is welcome

It's hard to beat MDF for the blade - it's a fairly simple shape to reproduce and you can add as much or as little depth detail as you want. PVC pipe for the handle is perfect and what I am using for mine...

It looks good so far - you may want to double-check the detailing on the side of the hammer-head. There are actually 3 "recessed areas" toward the front that correspond to the "teeth" on the front of the head. There are some great reference pics in the 405th gallery that could help...

Great job so far - it's good to see some more Hammers on the way... :D

Good Luck!

DogWizard said:
It's hard to beat MDF for the blade - it's a fairly simple shape to reproduce and you can add as much or as little depth detail as you want. PVC pipe for the handle is perfect and what I am using for mine...

It looks good so far - you may want to double-check the detailing on the side of the hammer-head. There are actually 3 "recessed areas" toward the front that correspond to the "teeth" on the front of the head. There are some great reference pics in the 405th gallery that could help...

Great job so far - it's good to see some more Hammers on the way... :D

Good Luck!
Yeah? I'll probably use MDF, idk yet..
And yeah i'm aware that their are only 2 little bits on the side, i've moddified the design of this one so it's unique. Im going to make the shaft different from the original kind aswell, along with the big blade on the back of it.

Arbiter452 said:
Side Front view please?

And is that a Mac keyboard I see...? :whistle:

HAH! hell no!!
MS ftw!
Bigalt424 said:
LOL! i just peed a little too.. :p It's not a brand, though that would be hilarious if it was, sorry for the double post. I'll update this in a few minutes with some more pictures
hr. we go!
GHPT6.jpg

GHPT5.jpg

One more layer of foam to go on the right side and ill be ready to start on the shaft, blade and more details.
And heres the head fully foamed out. Held together with lecco tape :)
GHHEADFINAL2.jpg

GHHEADFINAL.jpg

Well, Goodnight!

EDIT:
Big problem...
Bostik plumb-weld PVC pipe cement is NOT good for sticking foam together, neither is any sort of bonding glue as it EATS IT AWAY! I learnt this the crappy, hard way.. it was funny to see it happen but not funny at the same time... :mad: so i had to resort to using craft glue, it was the only thing i had that wouldn't eat the foam away....

UPDATE!!
OKAY! The shaft is pretty much done, and so is the head and the little bit under it, but the blade and the little bits that attach the blade to the rest of the body i haven't atached or made yet, so thats nexT!
And now time for pictures!!
P1010608.jpg

P1010609.jpg

P1010610.jpg

P1010611.jpg

P1010612.jpg
P1010613.jpg

P1010614.jpg

Yay!! Almost done!
Here it is all together, i still think i got alot more to do. It's not going to be resined though i dont think, idk what i'll do. I'll deffo make it more neat, and more presentable,
P1010618.jpg

Gona change the shape of the head though (this is a slightly customized design, too.)

Looks sexy! The head in particular. is this thing really steardy or fragile? and when its fragile will you bondo it or something?About LEDs?

Nice work, keep it on

Wow i'm sorry for not replying to this, and i know this is badd but it's okay if it's me with updates right? Well i went on holidays like right after making my last post so any ways to answer...

Chip457: Yeah this thing is pretty solid. Although i haven't tested it yet, a few swings of it showed it was relativly strong. The head is glued to the shaft so it aint going anywhere unless it gets reifed off.

Bodvdijk: :D thanks! but i'm pretty sure doggyz hammer smashes mine by a long shot XD but mine is still pretty sweet :)

I hadn't seen this thread before, so thanks for bringing it up again! Not only do I like the hammer, I like the title of the thread lol.

mc hammer time said:
I hadn't seen this thread before, so thanks for bringing it up again! Not only do I like the hammer, I like the title of the thread lol.

Haha, thanks :) it's totaly h@x :D I've still gota finish it. i hven't been able to get hold of the right foam to finish up the blade holding things at the end, and i need to swap the blade for somthing more durable than cardboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back