Its time for the medics to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toacrabman

There has been a few threads about spartan and ODST medics like "Spartan medical corps" and so forth, and everyone seemed very enthusiastic about the idea. It could even be official. I decided to make this thread for people who really want to make this happen. I remember since halo 3 my emblem was always the red +, and even in ODST I chose dutch as my player because of all the bags, and his chestplate? You guessed it, white with the red +.

Basically this will go in a few steps.
Step 1. You guys can submit concepts and ideas, pictures even, i dont mind thread hijacking if it will help this cause.
Step 2. You guys will judge eachother's ideas based on plausibility, realism, practicality and even just plain "awesomeness"
Step 3. People get serious about the concept and make a pepakura file or even post their W.I.P. progress here.
Step 4. we could even make a standard like, "medical spartans will have a red + visible on their shoulder pauldron or chest. It wouldnt be required though because some people would want to be a medic without being a giant target.

Now I have a concept for you guys to judge and get this thread started.

It is a spartan lift. A medical spartan will be able to carry and transport an injured,spartan on their back (back to back facing backwards) even if the other spartans armor is mostly destroyed or even locked up in an akward pose, and have their hands free to climb over cover, shoot and even carry another spartan (or ODST)
DSC00127.jpg

It is designed kind of like the lifting aparatus of a forklift, but instead of forks it has the jetpack like clamps to clamp on to the other spartan. It will be adjustable as some spartans are much larger than others. Under it it will have a winch, to give it a realistic hardware look. Maybe even some straps between the clamps to hold marines and people who were not fortunate enough to be a spartan.

nice what about some thang for the helmet like what the old surgeons weird on their heads. (the gig circle thangs idk what ther called sorry)

At USG51: The old-time surgeon's 'big circle thing' was a mirror, used to reflect light into the area they were operating(or so I learned was often the case IRL, movies used a simple metal circle o denote the character is a surgeon).

On a semi-related note, I was planning on slightly modifying the standard ODST's armor to be slightly better suited to that of a battlefield medic, slightly less armor traded for greater agility and speed to move between places faster, as even two seconds can change a life-or-death situation drastically, as well as a specialized pack for helping drag wounded to cover. A modification of your 'grapplepack'(such named by my sister when she saw it), Toacrabman, would be perfect. I'm not a great drawer, but I'll try tomorrow and see what I come up with, then edit this post if I like the result.

@USG51: Well outside those pizza cutter hats dont work unless theyre pointed at the sun and the enemy snipers will be like
" Shiny ........................... *_* .................... BAM!"

so id recomend a flashlight, and maybe a camera. For effect you could have the light right on top though. Kind of like on the "operator" helmet. get it? XD

@Kyre: For an ODST you have the all important biofoam canister, like the one uesd to fill the hole in romeos chest after the brute rips him a new one (a new airway that is) so you could streamline "rookie" and instead of a backpack hes got a smaller white one with the little red (+), and probably one on his chest and one shoulder, maybe even his helmet. Basically you would want medical tools in a non restricting place. That would be the on back and the front on the chest. maybe some light stuff on the thighs, but you dont want to weigh down your legs because i picture alot of running and catching flying limbs.

Iam currently building my ODST Medic, and i want to make it look like that. Witout the shoulder armor, white helmet with a red strip in the midle + with the HU/RS - Torch attachment, white chest plate with a red cross. A medic must have a backpack packed with biofoam.... and other stuff. I think it would look just like this. BTW Its just a concept.

Halodecals006.jpg

hey toacrabman, did you see my concept on the other thread? if not ill post it again here but mine is just a big metal box on the medics back that the front flap folds down and a rattlecage/harness pulls out to strap the person in......ill probably make my odst a medic like PatrikChieferLorinc029

medcarrier.jpg
[/IMG]

I remember there being a marine medic in the landfall trailer, if anyone can find stills they might help.

I was going to start with basic tools, syringes, pouches, bags, and of course the all important "giant armor patching welding thingy", along with the big "armor, ripper offer thing" that looks like an angry crowbar.

I'm going to point out how the physical dynamics of your pack idea wouldn't work in real life. You would fall backward onto the "patient" if you don't lean forward substantially.

Most wartime medics wear the Red Cross symbol on the left upper arm.

I would suggest something light and compact that can ideally be used in a quick situation by one person. You would need something to do a quick pick-up and go while maintaining a low profile so either Spartan would not get hit.

There was one that I remember doing training on in the Army but I cannot for the life of me recall the name of it. It was a hard plastic sheet that rolled out with multiple straps to secure the person on. It also had a harness at the head that allowed the medic to drag the person to safety, like a sled. When rolled out, the sides would bend around the person like a half cocoon and as long as the person isn't 7ft tall, the feet would also be secured in it as well. The best feature was that it was light and compact, can be done by one person, can also be done my multiple people and carried. A Ferno Vertical Rescue Stretcher would best describe what I've seen.

do you know if anyone has modeled the tactical/truama kit yet, if not this would be a good place to put it

There was one that I remember doing training on in the Army but I cannot for the life of me recall the name of it. It was a hard plastic sheet that rolled out with multiple straps to secure the person on. It also had a harness at the head that allowed the medic to drag the person to safety, like a sled. When rolled out, the sides would bend around the person like a half cocoon and as long as the person isn't 7ft tall, the feet would also be secured in it as well. The best feature was that it was light and compact, can be done by one person, can also be done my multiple people and carried. A Ferno Vertical Rescue Stretcher would best describe what I've seen.

yeah i know what you are talking about its green and it keeps them stable while being pulled around

The only problem is that leaves the spartan, (or like, 20 marines) carrying the downed spartan open to enemy fire with no way to shoot back. A spartan however, can lift another spartan easily, not to mention rolling over a warthog. The "lifty thingy" is backpack mounted, and it is also mounted as a slight angle, using the shoulder details as an attachment point This pulls the downed spartan towards the user as it lifts, and the user is most likely kneeling anyway. You also don't really have to worry about a spartan tipping over. This leaves the spartan's hands available for firing of a weapon, and the spartan being carried (if conscious) can also fire.

Thank you costumer99. Now if only I can find an actual picture of it on Google!

The only problem is that leaves the spartan, (or like, 20 marines) carrying the downed spartan open to enemy fire with no way to shoot back.
Actually, it doesn't. The pull harness that you use for the sled be done with one hand, leaving one to shoot. If you're creative, you can latch the harness to your pant belt with a D shape carabiner so you have both hands free. That can be done for either walking backwards to retreat with the wounded while still firing or going walking forward if you don't have to fire.

No matter how strong the person is, the balance would still be off if you got someone on your back in the fashion that the drawing depicted. You would still have to lean forward a bit to keep from falling back. Piggy back style works because the center of gravity from the extra person is shifted forward more with the legs and arms around the standing person. I'm not saying the idea is bad, it just needs a little more work for more realism.

The only problem with your harness idea is the fact that fully armoured Spartans weigh at least half a ton...

The "problem" is nonexistant. The lift lifts towards the user at an angle while it goes up. Not to mention the user probably wont be standing straight up as the person they are picking up is on the ground. Not to mention that a spartan can easily carry another spartan, let alone make a warthog do a barrel roll. This is proven multiple times throughout the campaign ie: Carter has to carry Kat's body because she wasnt paying attention, and Jorge picks up Noble Six and hurls him into space, (he picked him up inside and threw him after he exited the airlock thing, but he still threw him pretty fast). Besides, Jorge's backpack must weigh at least that much on its own and he's wearing a less powerful version of the suit altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back