i've started on an EOD helm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice. I folded slyfo's one, and gave up on the eye area :/ this one looks quite tidy.

this one is far superior to slyfo's. i had all of slyfo's cut out and scored and eventually got it assembled. but it was so warped looking because too many folds can be worse than not enough at times. i threw it out as soon i saw this one :p
kudos to you supertaco. you are doing very well with your work so far, keep it up!

I made one too (thanks Supertaco). i noticed that on that pic that the right eye isnt the same size as the left. I thought I had made a mistake. I'll put up pictures as soon as I can (got grandparents over that I havent seen in a year). I didnt even re-scale the thing, and it fits PREFECTLY. Any smaller and I wouldnt be able to get it on my head.

-FireDrakeArchon

no that was my fault. i accidentally poked a foldand the surrounded ones moved because of it. i just put it back in place afterwards. whoops :D

Got pics:
P1000156.jpg

P1000157.jpg

This is what I meant about the eyes:
P1000159.jpg

How it looks on me:
P1000160.jpg

-FireDrakeArchon

I think that the right eye is smaller than the left.

-FireDrakeArchon

EDIT

eodinpep.jpg

This is a folded look at Supertaco's EOD helmet. You can see that both eyes are Symmetrical, but in mine and dylans, the eyes are:

Symmetrical}{Symmetric

It seems that the right eye is distorted to be smaller than the left. When Supertaco's helmet is done, we'll be able to see if the problem is a folders mistake, or a flaw in the file.

-FireDrakeArchon

EDIT 2:

Okay, i looked at the right eye on mine again, and on the right side of the eye, the fold inverted itself, so I fixed that.

-FireDrakeArchon

Last edited by a moderator:
Kamuro said:
Aw, $%&!. Does that mean I'll have to make a new one? I've already started on it..
not really there isn't more detail, i'm just fixing a few complicated parts so it's a bit easier

supertaco said:
not really there isn't more detail, i'm just fixing a few complicated parts so it's a bit easier

Yeah, I noticed some parts are really confusing. My fingers are a bit big, so I can't really fold the tiny valley folds.

this looks so much simpler. I built slyfos and as awesome as that thing was good god was it complicated. Plus imad it too small so it turned into a nice decoration before I chucked it. can't wait to build this one tough.

jesus this is awesome!

and i almost printed syflo's version out!

supertaco, you are going in my sig. you rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back