i've started on an EOD helm

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperTaco - Nice work. I posted on the forums here expressing interest in making this helmet. Seems I need to get some experience making a few others first before jumping into this one. I love the look and your .pdo file is top notch. I am a n00b to this whole thing, but I have done my research. Pepakura is the way to go for someone like me just to make a costume with armor this year. Some people have new year resolutions to lose weight and some of use have nerdier goals (2007 resolution was to lose weight which I have done ;)). Anyway, I will have to start with something simpler before I attempt this one, but I just wanted to let you know I am inspired. Awesome work.

dylan Snyder said:
hey i'm just about done with this helm and it is beautiful btw. but tips for anyone else who decides to make this. add about .5-1 cm to ur normal helmet size. i always set my helmets at 27.5cm tall because those fit me perfectly, but because of the shape of this helm make sure to add a lil more so you chin doesnt stick out :p
eod.jpg

ALL DONE!:D

Very nice!
My recommendation for a good visor is go to the dollar store and buy a crap load of gold tinted sunglasses and use the lens for the visor.
i say buy a bunch so you can try all sorts variations so you can see which tint you like best.

-Justin

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so either doing this or the Hayabusa come summertime. Just because the visor is really easy. :p (It will probably be this awesome EOD though)

dylan Snyder said:
i'm 5' 11" and i scaled it to 27.5 like i do with all my helmets because i measured my head at 26.5cm so i added a lil bit of room and my CQB, MARK VI, and RECON helmet all fit perfectly, this one is tighter, yet still wearable

i agree i agree

supertaco said:
you know that hose thing on the sides of the helmet, i was wondering if i should make them part of the model or not.
make them on the same model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back