jackal cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpicyMcTuna

So I’m new here and this is my first thread so idk if I’m doing this right but anyways I have started working on a jackal cosplay(halo 4 version) and I’ve just gotten started on the head but I had a couple questions. I was wondering what i should use as an undersuit and if there is any files that have patterns for the armor. And does anyone have any ideas as for what material to use for the shield? Also I’d there anyone else here that has done or is doing a jackal cosplay?

Attachments

• 939EEA0D-3263-41E7-814B-970B5D8016AF.png
    939EEA0D-3263-41E7-814B-970B5D8016AF.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 164
Best of luck with the build! Nice to see some more covenant joining the ranks!

Undersuit Tips:
An easy method is to use a black morph suit and either sew fabric pieces / glue foam onto.
A more advanced method would be to make a duct tape mannequin, to create templates for a full custom undersuit.

As for the shield, my best bet would be a clear plastic like material that you could paint the blue / add lights to.

Undersuit Tips:
An easy method is to use a black morph suit and either sew fabric pieces / glue foam onto.
A more advanced method would be to make a duct tape mannequin, to create templates for a full custom undersuit.

As for the shield, my best bet would be a clear plastic like material that you could paint the blue / add lights to.
Thank you friend! I appreciate the tips!

Hey! Awesome idea and I hope to see the final build. I know achieving the scales might be difficult, but if you follow what Zoogami Snowfox said about the morph suit, you can use puff paint in addition to actual scales to create the effect of that leathery, scaly skin.

Saber has got a build thread with their Skirmisher (close enough right?) There's some really juicy stuff that should give you some ideas:

As for the shield, that's tricky. Usually clear materials are either heavy and brittle (acrylic, resin, glass), or light but weak (Worbla TranspArt). Even 3D printing it would be rather brittle. Do you plan to light it as well?

Hey! Awesome idea and I hope to see the final build. I know achieving the scales might be difficult, but if you follow what Zoogami Snowfox said about the morph suit, you can use puff paint in addition to actual scales to create the effect of that leathery, scaly skin.
Thanks! I’m planning on posting some progress pics as I go along, and I didn’t think about using puffy paint, that’s a really good idea!

Saber has got a build thread with their Skirmisher (close enough right?) There's some really juicy stuff that should give you some ideas:

As for the shield, that's tricky. Usually clear materials are either heavy and brittle (acrylic, resin, glass), or light but weak (Worbla TranspArt). Even 3D printing it would be rather brittle. Do you plan to light it as well?
Thank you! That should definitely be helpful! And as for the sheild I would like a little bit of lightning in it but I figured my dad (electrician) could help me with that. A lot of this process is probably going to be trial and error as this is my first time making a cosplay:)

That's a bold move starting with this as a first cosplay! I look forward to seeing your progress!
image.jpg
Sorry for the low quality image but here’s what I have so far! I made a paper mache base and added details with foam clay and made the teeth with painted polymer clay. The eyes are made with a glass bead type thing and designed paper glued onto it. It’s definitely a work in progress, and there’s some things I wish I did differently, but it’s a start:) any tips or critiques are welcome

Undersuit Tips:

Also I’m struggling to figure out what I should use for the spiky quill things on the head and arms
Edit: (I didn’t mean to reply to this oops lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back