Jackal Sheild, Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyfist

Jr Member
Alrighty, my last project didn't work exactly how I wanted it, so I decided to do something totally new that I didn't see a whole lot of people do, so if I messed up, there wouldn't be many pieces better than it. :p...A jackal shield! Ok, so I know that if I do eventually get to do this, I would want to use lightish blue Plexi-Glass, and use some neon green paint to make it look like the Halo 1 (PC) shield, and I could über glue a handle on. I know how to do everythingy, except for shaping it inward, to make it looked "curved". Does ANYBODY know how to do this??? Also, HaloReplicas is said he wanted to make something similar, he talked about making a shield, and already has some jackal mask pics. Here's a link to his post Link . Maybe we could have a full jackal costume!! :D !! Then all of the master cheifs can finally have an enemy to shoot at!! Just an Idea, if anybody would wish to help, as I an just a lowly n00b please PM me. Also if you see any problems please say so, this is still just an idea and at this point I wouldn't care too much if somebody shot it out the sky. :lol

I started this projec back in the day and by back in the day I mean sometime in feb. I used a kiddie pool to make the basic shape of the shield and wires wo get the curves......it's a start.

Ithica

***UPDATE*** alrighty, I talked to my friend's Dad (he's an engingeer) and I asked him if he could give me some professional suggestions for this, he said that in a about a week(from now) when he's a vailable, if i gave him blueprints for him, he could tell me the easiest way to make this. while I breifly talked to him, he said to consider injection molding. I don't really have a lot of money, and I don't think I have access to the equipement needed for it, but do you think it might be a try ?? anyone ?? Buler, Buler?? :eek ***UPDATE to an UPDATE*** Thanx, I really like the Blue print.. it's 80x better than mine... Also, I might look into the riot sheild idea.. it sounds good. sorry about double posting, (i deleted my other post) the guy I was going to talk to finally got back from a long vacation thing, so I should be able to talk to him in the next week... Hopefully... Anyways, I will definitley post as soon as I talk to this guy once again, THANX TO EVERYONE!!!!

9/19/09: okay so im going to go Paintballing today and this guy is going to be there. I am hopefully going to have at least a few minutes to talk to him. If i don't, i'll just shoot him a few extra times :lol anyways tommorow i'll definately post on what he said, since tonight is also my homecoming dance :D and i probably can't post while im there :(

Double posting is bad D: try combining posts by editing them together, making more room for other people to share their comments. good luck!

With Love,

PR0J3CT 003

Plook for a UK police riot shield, theyre round and see through. Or failing that I haven't created any armour (yes because im an utter noob) but I have done minature modelling *warhammer* You can use opaque resin over a concave mould repeated in layers until you get a nice thickness. obviously it wont be as clear as plexi glass but the organic irregularities may help towards bringing out "the shield effect" if you adeded LEDs to the central gauntlet lighting the resin.

Heres a diagram of how I think you can build the shield :D sorry its late and i need to sleep before work...hence the crap sketch. give me a shout if you need more ides. :D

[attachment=12088:Untitled-1 copy.jpg]

btw I know its not draw to scale but the 3 piece sandwich solution is one I can think of. I may not have the means or space to build armour (time too) but id like to help if i can :D

Yes I know I'll draw un update soon when i get back from work . including the arm locking mechanism etc etc.

I don't know how it would work since I haven't worked with resin before but I like LeLionNoire's idea it sounds like it would look more realistic with the waviness of the resin and the leds would give it a glow in likeness to the game. I think it would be great to get a Jackal shield made so keep up the brainstorming.

First off, sorry i haven't posted sooner. I was extremely busy with a huge project that came up.

Anyways, I talked to my friends dad (the engineer) and he told me a few things. First he told me that my best bet for making the energy glowing thingy part would be to vacum form 3/8 in. plexi glass. He said the thing to use as a "mold" for the plexi glass would be a wooden model of what I'm going to make. SSSOOOO, I'm going to need a lot more time than I thought to make this, and since I have to do both a Boy Scout Eagle Project and another project i'm doing (I'm making a ghilie suit :) ) I won't be able to finish this any time in the near future. But rest asured that I will continue this project as soon as I can, and I would hope to be done by at least Christmas. Also thank you everyone who tried to help me, all of your suggestions were helpful.

***EDIT*** O.K so I talked to these people at the plastic store, and they told me that the plastic I wanted in the amounts I wanted would cost $X. I do not have $X.>_<

I cannot legally have a job, and I don't have a simple way of earning $X. I'm sorry to say this, but I think I'm giving up on this project. Sorry.

I would use a saucer sled to get the basic shape of your plexiglass and then cut and add the handle and whatnot.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back