Jasman Plasma Rifles

QueenBHartigan

It’s QueenB here again. And boy did I get my hands on something cool! I managed to get ahold not only one, but two 2007 Jasman Plasma Rifles! I was able to catch an eBay listing wherein the guy selling them had some issues with them which I’m working through currently. Including a broken earthing wire and an issue with the vibration function in the other.

Has anyone else had issues with these at all?

Attachments

• IMG_0771.jpeg
    IMG_0771.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0769.jpeg
    IMG_0769.jpeg
    839.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0770.jpeg
    IMG_0770.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0762.jpeg
    IMG_0762.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
UPDATE:

After some internal cleaning, a substance I can only describe like dried superglue crossed with rock salt came out the battery areas. Spark Armory suggested it was crystallised corrosion, but now we have one fully functional rifle! No vibration issues, no shorting out, works like new!

Attachments

• IMG_0775.mov
    40.8 MB
  • IMG_0776.jpeg
    IMG_0776.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 36
Those are awesome! I've been looking for one of those for ages, I'll probably just 3d print one at this point xD
Honestly I’ve had my eye on these since I discovered them in 2012, it’s taken me ages to get a pair!!

(And I’m certain there’s a joke there somewhere)

UPDATE:

After some internal cleaning, a substance I can only describe like dried superglue crossed with rock salt came out the battery areas. Spark Armory suggested it was crystallised corrosion, but now we have one fully functional rifle! No vibration issues, no shorting out, works like new!
Sounds like dried, leaked battery acid. It can happen with these kind of things. Had a friend with the Mattel Ghostbuster PKE meter where the wings stopped moving. Opened up the battery compartment and cleared out some dried battery acid, and it went back to working just fine.

UPDATE:

After a wiring session last night, number 2’s alive!

The rifle sputtered back to life after installing the new batteries and clearing out more of that crystallised corrosion, the rumbler’s playing up in that it barely kicks back, to which we think there’s a loose band in the mechanism? Which will be tonight’s conundrum.

I wish I recorded the moment it came back on, as i can only describe it as magical, the little static sounding bursts as the electronics started to come back on, and then the lights all blinking on and the startup sound. It’s the first time I’ve brought an electronic back to life, and oh what a feeling!

Attachments

• IMG_0797.jpeg
    IMG_0797.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0798.jpeg
    IMG_0798.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0799.jpeg
    IMG_0799.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0800.jpeg
    IMG_0800.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0801.mov
    29.8 MB
This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back