Jedi Stumpy's New Mkvi Helmet New Update 12/3/09 Molding Done! Casts Have Been Pulled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd bet the demold time was killer of a wait couldnt imagine waiting for that stuff to cure cant wait to see a cast

I got my first ever mold pull done this morning! There are a few tiny bubbles in it but nothing a little sanding and spot putty can't fix.

The cast look wavy but it is not. It is just the the SmoothCast 325. I didn't know it was clear. The video explains.

Here are some pics and the Youtube video to go along with it! Enjoy!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIbKlmkBOK4[/media]

DSC02841.jpg

DSC02842.jpg

DSC02845.jpg

DSC02848.jpg

It's a little dusty.

DSC02849.jpg

DSC02856.jpg

DSC02857.jpg

DSC02858.jpg

I like it Stumpy!! Way to go on that mold/cast! Noice job for a first time effort!!! Will be watching this very very closely... :p

-Loki

This is making me think of Wonderwoman's invisible jet!

JediStumpy's Invisible Mjolnir Armor! It only LOOKS like he's not wearing anything.

Awesome thread, Awesome WIP, Awesome Member ;)

Mind showing a picture of the package of foamies? My local art store doesn't know what it is :/

LastSpartan said:
Awesome thread, Awesome WIP, Awesome Member ;)

Mind showing a picture of the package of foamies? My local art store doesn't know what it is :/

Thanks!

And here you are: minus the velcro wrap

img_0029.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JediStumpy']

DSC02856.jpg

[/quote]

How thick are those walls? That thing must weigh a ton! Looks good, by the way.

Spartan 051 said:
so are we get to see a painted cast any time soon

Well I have to paint outside and right now it is raining and snowing, but it's going to warm back up here is a few days so hopefully soon.

ponchato said:
How thick are those walls? That thing must weigh a ton! Looks good, by the way.

The walls look thick but they are only about 1/4 of an inch. It just looks thick because of the angel I cut it at. I'll post some more pics soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back