jesmonite? any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriscamo

Okay so i've been chatting with a lad on this forum on facespace about jesmonite and it looks fantastic.

half the price of resin and fiberglass but just as strong without the toxic fumes.

what are your thoughts for armor ?

Also I was wondering (on a separate note) if people have an issue with how i spell.. In England Color is colour, Armor is armour etc

thanks guys :)

I Guinea pigged my reach suit build with the flex seal (which was absolutely top), and i was looking for some sort of resin for a project i'm about to start. I'll definitely give this a look

I've bought 4kg of this stuff so I will be doing it all ... Ill update you guys on what I find before you jump in too :)

I've bought 4kg of this stuff so I will be doing it all ... Ill update you guys on what I find before you jump in too :)

Do you happen to know if this is a UK exported material only? I cant seem to find any stores in Ontario, Canada thats has it on their shelves and I'd be interested in trying it out.

Hey Jay , yes it's a UK export but very similar to aqua resin ... It's just a water based non toxic resin..

I'm sure google will help with the search.

Only think great about jesmonite is that you may not need a bondo filler as you can shape it within the first 48 hours of curing :)

Hey Jay , yes it's a UK export but very similar to aqua resin ... It's just a water based non toxic resin..

I'm sure google will help with the search.

Only think great about jesmonite is that you may not need a bondo filler as you can shape it within the first 48 hours of curing :)

Yep I already tried googling it, absolutly nothing in canada, i'm mainly interested in it because i'd like to see the effect it would have on foam armor. Seems that homedepot carries Aqua Resin, ill have to try that out and see the effects.

Hey Jay, come back on Wednesday and i upload some photos of how it worked out , ill play the guinea pig on this one.. :)

No point you losing out if it doesn't pan out.

In theory it's exactly what I want , but is all dependant on the practice

Hey Jay, come back on Wednesday and i upload some photos of how it worked out , ill play the guinea pig on this one.. :)

No point you losing out if it doesn't pan out.

In theory it's exactly what I want , but is all dependant on the practice

Sounds good, good luck epxerimenting, i'll be interested in seeing your results for sure!

Okay so i've been chatting with a lad on this forum on facespace about jesmonite and it looks fantastic.

half the price of resin and fiberglass but just as strong without the toxic fumes.

what are your thoughts for armor ?

Also I was wondering (on a separate note) if people have an issue with how i spell.. In England Color is colour, Armor is armour etc

thanks guys :)

I'm guessing I'm the lad on FaceSpace?
Like I said then, this stuff seems very good and being non toxic (fume wise) makes good sense to use for ppl that don't have a separate working area.
Best of luck with your build Chris.

Im having trouble doing everything I want to without it begining to cure
Also i am unsure as to the proper consistency required but it seems to be quite powdery

This thread hasn't been posted on in almost a year. Necro posting is against forum rules and there are better places to ask these questions.

If you want to get good coverage, you should post this question in the "Help! For Fiberglassing Resin and Bondo" sticky at the top of the page. Those are there so veterans can easily answer questions on these topics. Necro rules aside, the original poster hasn't even logged on since January, so it's highly unlikely they will respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back