jtm1997's reach pilot, emile, recon, odst, deadmau5, Scout, and daft punk helmet peps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Briareos ftw!!!! =d
I entirely agree with that :D

okay, so the unfold for the main part is done (hopefully it fits, it's 290mm)
14ofdoom.png

i will add a link soon

Attachments

• 14ofdoom.png
    14ofdoom.png
    208.8 KB · Views: 147
awesome :)

edit: just thought i would let you guys know that i have now peped and partially hardened my briareos helmet

hey JTM i was wondering if you could do me a favor i am having trouble getting the original pilot helmet to not bend in and mess up the bottom opening i was wondering if there was anyway you could make a couple supports from front the back and side to side for it. i would be very greatful. thanks again for all the amazing helmet models

hey JTM i was wondering if you could do me a favor i am having trouble getting the original pilot helmet to not bend in and mess up the bottom opening i was wondering if there was anyway you could make a couple supports from front the back and side to side for it. i would be very greatful. thanks again for all the amazing helmet models
Sure i can make some, and i assume by original you mean v4 which is the one i unfolded, if that's not the case i need to know because the are all a bit different. Also, how soon will you need them? as i would rather do them tomorrow on my desktop computer than today on my laptop.

i belive it was the one before you added the lower back part of it. And anytime you get a chance is cool with me thank you so much

@jtm1997

i hope you don't mind this edit of your pilot helm
when i first build it i found that it didn't include a section at the back of the helmet
also when i tried to scale it to fit me it seemed slightly out of proportion

the changes i have made are:
-added section at back of helmet
-scaled down vertically
-removed some of the hard to build details
-added floating detail faces

http://www.4shared.com/file/tk3ZrIpC/Pilot__pilot_helm_new_MS7_jtm1.html

CJ

@jtm1997

i hope you don't mind this edit of your pilot helm
when i first build it i found that it didn't include a section at the back of the helmet
also when i tried to scale it to fit me it seemed slightly out of proportion

the changes i have made are:
-added section at back of helmet
-scaled down vertically
-removed some of the hard to build details
-added floating detail faces

http://www.4shared.com/file/tk3ZrIpC/Pilot__pilot_helm_new_MS7_jtm1.html

CJ
Very nice :D Just curious, do you plan on building it?

why, yes i do
though i am unsure still on how to do the large visor

when i build it i'll be sure to post pics for you

CJ

why, yes i do
though i am unsure still on how to do the large visor

when i build it i'll be sure to post pics for you

CJ
I would probably suggest doing the same way as TheBradinator which was by doing this,
with PETG plastic sheet (although they don't use it in this video, the PETG plastic is clear) then do something along the lines of this tutorial: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...Own-See-through-Visor?highlight=Visor+tinting

oh and his results: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/29025-Reach-foam-armor-and-Pilot-helmet-wip/page26

Last edited by a moderator:
Omfg.... I love you!!!! O_________O <3
I've been searching high and low for the pilot's helmet to make for PAX. I pretty much gave up and was just gonna go with the EVA helmet, but then I finally found this thread!!! You have no idea how stoked I am to be able to make this!!
Though no gonna lie, I probably won't post progress/finished pics of these boards cause of the whole "if you're a noob you can't post" bs... I ain't no noob to costume building, I know my stuff. But I'd love to send you pics whenever I start work on it (working my way from the feet up).

SO STOKED!!! @___@

Omfg.... I love you!!!! O_________O <3
I've been searching high and low for the pilot's helmet to make for PAX. I pretty much gave up and was just gonna go with the EVA helmet, but then I finally found this thread!!! You have no idea how stoked I am to be able to make this!!
Though no gonna lie, I probably won't post progress/finished pics of these boards cause of the whole "if you're a noob you can't post" bs... I ain't no noob to costume building, I know my stuff. But I'd love to send you pics whenever I start work on it (working my way from the feet up).

SO STOKED!!! @___@
Very cool to know someone else is making it. That's kind of the reason i modeled it, because no one else had. Also, you could always post pictures in this thread, at least of the helmet :)

P.S. I think that makes six people who have either built this helmet or are building it :D

That's kind of the reason i modeled it, because no one else had. Also, you could always post pictures in this thread :)

P.S. I think that makes six people who have either built this helmet or are building it :D
lol yeah I noticed that no one else modeled it. I saw in one thread someone was starting it, but it got put back on hold. And normally I wouldn't mind waiting, but I need the file, make it, and have it done for Aug.

I can post progress pics in someone else's thread? lol ok, I'll do that then. But like I said, won't be for maybe a month or so, ground up. :\

I haven't seen anyone else' built hemlet. Link? I'd be curious to see what they did with the visor.

Thank you so much again!!

lol yeah I noticed that no one else modeled it. I saw in one thread someone was starting it, but it got put back on hold. And normally I wouldn't mind waiting, but I need the file, make it, and have it done for Aug.

I can post progress pics in someone else's thread? lol ok, I'll do that then. But like I said, won't be for maybe a month or so, ground up. :\

I haven't seen anyone else' built hemlet. Link? I'd be curious to see what they did with the visor.

Thank you so much again!!
scroll up and you will see a post with a video in it, read through that post, it has the links as well, his is the only finished one that i know of.

Oh, haha, yeah I guess scrolling up does help lol. Sorry, but I was distracted with the excitement as well as my boa being a jerk. lol

But that build looked awesome!!
I wonder if my visor will be as good.. I don't have a vaccum molder so yeah. lol But I'll figure something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back