Juliet's Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loess said:
That's the plan... Annie's been enjoying that project so much that we're already doing some of the early planning for them. We probably have to wait till after the wedding to start them, though. But, this summer I'm going to be reworking our garage into a proper, insulated and heated shop for us to play in.

Exxxcellent news about the garage re-work, and YAY! for wedding bells! :D

SPARTAN II said:
...As Mel and I have decided we're moving in together end of May, and she's given me free reign of the garage at the house for doing my prop projects in warmer weather (going to have to set it "just right" of course), hopefully I'll be doing much of the same as you fellas *does happy dance* :D

Ah, happy dance, how I love thee. Mine closely resembles the happy dance from the great UK series Spaced, complete with music! Well, in my head at least. :p

As I've mentioned to you earlier buddy, ecstatic to hear about the move-in-together. Make sure to say a big HOWDY! to Mel from us too. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
If only I had a lathe and so much more space... OH! and a drill press and a welder. Id be making myself a warthog and by the time it was done, Id have my licence instead of a permit...

I wonder if I could pick up chicks in a warthog...?

Jeddychan said:
...I wonder if I could pick up chicks in a warthog...?

Without a doubt. At least that's how the world is in my head. :p

About the only other build I did before joining the 405th was a friends soul several years ago. :eek

I used to post regularly on the Australian Serenity (the movie made from the TV series Firefly) forum and locals from each state would have regular get togethers. Well one of our locals was moving to the UK and so she was never really far from us I made a timber box to contain her soul (her name badge from the first big interstate shindig we had). Here's how it came together...

14-07-07_0954.jpg

14-07-07_1001.jpg

14-07-07_1150.jpg

14-07-07_1011.jpg

14-07-07_1229.jpg

14-07-07_1245.jpg

14-07-07_1809.jpg

14-07-07_1853.jpg

15-07-07_0856.jpg

15-07-07_0855.jpg

15-07-07_1505.jpg

Image006.jpg

Then Linda made a little pillow so her soul wouldn't get bumped around. :p

Image004.jpg

Image005.jpg

I suppose I should do some updated pictures of the workshop too, couple of new things in it now. :D

Jeddychan said:
I wonder if I could pick up chicks in a warthog...?

As a chick myself, yes. Definitley yes. :)

Those were fun times, making the soul box Joe. Nice pics too (especially the scotch glass :p)

SPARTAN II said:
Say hi to the Mrs. for me ;)

Hi, how you doing? ;) I hope the move goes smoothly for you.

Yay my work shop is a messy room with exacto knife blades on the floor near a bed with a skinny whight kid in itand the ocasional cat. But no wonder you stuff is so nice

My god juliet, my god. That is one insane workshop and you have like 20 Tools i dont but i ask you this, do you have a full welding statio? Because i do and i never use it.

Hmm...wish i could come over and use you things one day.

But my dad has a workshop *cough*WAREHOUSE*cough* of tools since he used to be a machine manafacturer and he had his own private station with every tool and machine possibly ever made, awesome but my shorts got ripped of when i was a little kid in the grinder.

Well it's been awhile so I better post some of the new stuff going into the workshop.

I was walking through a tool store and came across a riser to make a table router. I then thought "Hmm, that'd be good to help with making fuller's on combat knives or fluting on rifle barrels". So I blew most of my tax return on it.

Now to make the table-

I laminated some MDF together and drew up the size on it (riser seen on left).

febf4247.jpg

next I routed out the recess for the riser.

3a0b85e9.jpg

Then took to it with the circular saw.

50cc8e02.jpg

8ade6e8b.jpg

Here's a test fit.

f7964afa.jpg

Next a start on the frame.

196617e5.jpg

Legs.

f694a77e.jpg

363fa38e.jpg

A bit of tidying up and a shelf underneath.

4265d0a6.jpg

And a blurry picture with a mystery new workshop addition in the background.

8d5d13fe.jpg

Pretty much done now. Just put the first coat of clear satin on this afternoon and I'll put another one on tomorrow to help seal the MDF table top. :D

Wow, Iam totally speachless here. Awsome shop and great work. So umm..iam married but hey.. its not like forever or anything lol, got a spare room lol. Again great shop.

Oooooo, you got one of the fancity mounting plates, with the built-in adjuster and everything.

I'm jealous. The router table my dad has is the old style where you have to reach under to adjust the height.

Looks like a good, solid table. Have you gotten to use it yet?;)

Wow, Iam totally speachless here. Awsome shop and great work. So umm..iam married but hey.. its not like forever or anything lol, got a spare room lol. Again great shop.

Sorry Noble 8, the boss says that I'm already spoken for. Besides, I think you're spare room is a bit too far away from the workshop.;)

Oooooo, you got one of the fancity mounting plates, with the built-in adjuster and everything.

I'm jealous. The router table my dad has is the old style where you have to reach under to adjust the height.

Looks like a good, solid table. Have you gotten to use it yet?;)

LOESS!:D Yeah it's fairly swish, it's made over your side of town though so the raiser scale is imperial like used in the stone age.:p

I'm happy enough with the design of the table and it's functionality, but I'm a little dissappointed in myself. I laminated and made the cutout on the table top back in July and haven't touched it again until two weekends ago. By then I was like- "Just want this done!" -and rushed it a bit. The legs are flat in one part of my workshop and wobbly in others!:p I corrected this by counter boring two holes in the front feet and putting in wood screws so I can make slight adjustments in the height depending on it's location.

One design feature I am really happy I put in is it's height, I made it the same height as my saw table so either one can be used as a table extension for the other.:D

P.S. Haven't used it yet, it's a bit of an ordel to attach the router, but I should have at least tried it by the end of this coming weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back