Jumping Feet First; Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedav17

Jr Member
Jumping Feet First; Reboot WIP (weekly picture update)

I'm restarting my ODST armor, with the new ODST pep files that were made available on the pepakura wiki, and I need to finish it before June, for Akon, but before I start what adjustments do I need to make for my height and for shrinkage due to the resin?

Shrinkage is minimal. You wouldn't even notice it if you did everything right. Meaning, put a VERY thin layer of resin on first then go thinker from there. If any shrinkage happens its going to be very minimal.

As far as height goes, dont worry about it. I would suggest measuring each appendage on its own. For example, you forearm should be about from your wrist back to to the inside of your elbow, right by your bicep if you flex you arm.

my first suit had some shrinkage to it and i had to trim it, so I could fit the torso on so I want to make sure to avoid the same problem, as far as sizing for the armor I just don't want to look like I'm too tall or short for the armor

my first suit had some shrinkage to it and i had to trim it, so I could fit the torso on so I want to make sure to avoid the same problem, as far as sizing for the armor I just don't want to look like I'm too tall or short for the armor

Depending on the weight of the cardstock, there is less chance of warpage/shrikage if you use 230gsm, 240gsm, 250gsm(hardly anyone uses 250gsm, I use 230 and a medium layer of resin and no warpage/shrinkage) :)

Depending on the weight of the cardstock, there is less chance of warpage/shrikage if you use 230gsm, 240gsm, 250gsm(hardly anyone uses 250gsm, I use 230 and a medium layer of resin and no warpage/shrinkage) :)

But since you live in America, our paper is in pounds. 110 is your best bet, 65 will work as well but will warp.

I just got some ink, so I am going to start the chest and see how much more I need to scale it up from the generic sizing of it...

Edit: Already am running into road blocks out of the gate; Files won't load and I can't get to 4shared for what ever reason... Just my day...

got some new files done by Hugh, and I've already started on the chest pictures and updates will be posted on saturday

Updates pictures

Finished with the Pep on the side pads, the Chest and the center piece with 8 pages left to do the pep ^_^

P1150129.jpg

P1150131.jpg

P1150130.jpg

P1150133.jpg

Attachments

• P1150129.jpg
    P1150129.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 68
  • P1150131.jpg
    P1150131.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 74
  • P1150130.jpg