Jun Build (W.I.P.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack7226

Jr Member
Hello Fellow Prop builders. Ive been MIA, but im back to building. This is actually going to be a complete suit build. Ive started with the helmet first. I have done something a little wierd. I started with the model by Raziel-Darkness. I replaced a few areas i didnt like with Forged Reclaimers file. Heres a few pics so far
junpepside.jpg

Heres With The mods to the model
IMAG0685.jpg

IMAG0689.jpg

Just a small update. I opted to do the details on the helm with non-sulfer based clay.
IMAG0693.jpg

Also started on the foam chestpiece. got the front half cut out. Then went and got my heat gun,fired it up and it crapped out in 30 secs lol. Guess ill be going to Lowe's in the AM
Anywho enjoy

You made my Scout helmet look like crud. That was a compliment :p Awesome work, so far!
Lol thank you :) i just want to make the most accurate scout helm out there. Its gonna be tough but im up for the challenge lol.

Another update did a bit more shaping. Im digging the way its shaping up so far. Wont be smoothing out the clay completely till i get everything the way i want it, enjoy

IMAG0698.jpg

Hey, this looks really good! You're doing a wonderful job sculpting the detail with bondo. Keep up the good work!

-Ryan

I love the vent details!

Awesome detailing so far. I love the vent details as well. Keep up the good work.
Thank you both. The vent details are done with popsicle sticks that were cut down and shaped with a dremel
Hey, this looks really good! You're doing a wonderful job sculpting the detail with bondo. Keep up the good work!

-Ryan
Thank you, Ryan. The helmet is a combination of two pep helmets. The details im working on now are actually made from modeling clay. I intend to cast this one :p

Keep it up!

Yaar!!! ill update as frequent as i can :p

Modelling clay? How well does that stand up wear? My friend Levi and I were contemplating using it but we figured it was too brittle to be useful.

-Ryan

looks really good. befor i started my jun helmet i thinking about using the same model you are using... this could save some time because the helmet i folded was really hard and on the sides are some really damn parts.
good luck with your.
btw. i like the removable addon ;)

Modelling clay? How well does that stand up wear? My friend Levi and I were contemplating using it but we figured it was too brittle to be useful.

-Ryan
Its just to do the detail work, im going to be casting this helmet. The original wont be wearable
looks really good. befor i started my jun helmet i thinking about using the same model you are using... this could save some time because the helmet i folded was really hard and on the sides are some really damn parts.
good luck with your.
btw. i like the removable addon ;)
Thanks, I was viewing your thread earlier. I like what youve done with your suit, looks great

Thanks for viewing
Jack

molding... the next big step in my armor experience. hope it turns out great ;) good luck

Ive been working some serious hours at work. But i found time to hop on here for a bit and give you a small update

I decided to do the rest of the suit out of foam and then harden it. I have never done anything with foam. I tried 3 times just so i could get the hang of it
This gem is from L3x's database its V3
IMAG0772.jpg

IMAG0771.jpg

Let me know what you think

Chest looks like it will be great. I don't think that one of the pics you tried to put in worked though. Keep it up.

Update....
Still feel kinda noobish to foam. But im not gonna stop till its right lol. I had my firend try to take a pic of me with a Blue Realm Cast i got from Adam, But every one of the pics were very fuzzy. Oh well
So i kinda made a mock up to see what it would look like. Opinions?
IMAG0796.jpg

IMAG0797.jpg

That looks pretty good. The lines look clean on top and it doesn't look like you over did it with the gluing.

Update time.
Been kinda busy with work. 12 hour days are rough when you never get a day off lol.
anyways i got the basic shape done, it looks a bit crooked but its because im holding it
IMAG0834_zps65cb513d.jpg

IMAG0833_zpsad799f4c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back