just started puting together my halo armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i just printed out on regular computer paper cause my parents wont buy card stock i was wondering if using regular paper was alright and after i cut out and put together wat should i suport it with

you shouldnt use regular paper because it wont be as good.

you could strengthen it with some cardboard so it wont warp as much when u resin it thats all i can say.

Regular doesn't enough stiffness and heft to support its weight after you have assembled the armor. Card stock is only $5.50 at Wal-Mart so save up some of your allowance.

well what materials should i buy for the project and about how much will it cost for every thing also after i make the helm out of card stock what should i coat it wit i like to know ahead so i know what i need to do

You should read the stickies in the Pepakura and Cardboard Armor section of the boards. All of your questions are answered there: resins, fiberglassing, detaling, using pekaura to make armor, etc. A whole suit of armor, even though made with card stock, can easily run to several hundreds of dollars, depending on the amount of detail you want to put in.

Spartansoldier6 said:
hey i just printed out on regular computer paper cause my parents wont buy card stock i was wondering if using regular paper was alright and after i cut out and put together wat should i suport it with
NO NO NO NO NOOOOO!

Regular paper will fall apart, NO ONE has ever made armor this way, the only way is with cardstock, you can make a whole suit with a 250 sheet pack of cardstock for 14 dollars. If they wont let you buy cardstock, how will they let you buy resin and glass?

Last edited by a moderator:
AoBfrost said:
NO NO NO NO NOOOOO!

Regular paper will fall apart, NO ONE has ever made armor this way, the only way is with cardstock, you can make a whole suit with a 250 sheet pack of cardstock for 14 dollars. If they wont let you buy cardstock, how will they let you buy resin and glass?

Well, not neccesarily, I made some pepakura armor before by printing out the pieces onto office paper then cutting them out and glueing the pieces onto cardboard then cutting it out from there and it worked like a charm. :D

SpArtan-270 said:
Well, not neccesarily, I made some pepakura armor before by printing out the pieces onto office paper then cutting them out and glueing the pieces onto cardboard then cutting it out from there and it worked like a charm. :D

That's how I did my Recpn helmet and chest :)
I've also made two pretty decent helmets out of plain office paper,it's not as good as cardstock but you can still make it work if you've got no other option.

What i meant was, no one can just use regular printer paper to build their armor, for example, the chiest piece would be too large and stress the shoulders, it would fall apart.

If you haven't already begun folding your pieces, you can still glue them on a second sheet of paper. Then cut around the lines until you have a solid 2-sheet piece. I did this with my helmet, because I like adapting and use whatever I have available.

But if you feel that this won't work, then I suggest that you wait intil you get 110 wt Cardstock and start over again.

Printer paper is weighted at 29lb stock, 2 sheets will be 40lb stock, 40lb is still much less than 65lb stock which is still nearly impossible to just use alone.

AoBfrost said:
Printer paper is weighted at 29lb stock, 2 sheets will be 40lb stock, 40lb is still much less than 65lb stock which is still nearly impossible to just use alone.

so what if i use 3 sheets of paper

Spartansoldier6 said:
so what if i use 3 sheets of paper
:oops:
You could try it, but I believe it would be more expensive, take a hell of a lot longer to do, and stillnot be as strong. 110lb carstock is the easiest, fastest, and best way to do it IMO.

thanks guys for helpin me out ill put up photos through the process of making it my mom said sheo would buy me the card stock later on today so i should at least have the helmet started by tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back