Just the Millionth ODST Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkcape

I'm making odst armor using pepakura. Its my first build but i think i can finish it.
Heres some pics.
Picture23.jpg

This is my main torso I haven't applied wood glue yet.
Picture22.jpg

The right shoulder. This pic isn't woodglued, but i did woodglue the bottom half.

It's nice to see more ODST suits. I for one think it's nice to have a variety of grunts running around with the spartans.

Thanks for the new sig reachforit. Next weekend i will fiberglass knee peice anyone know a way to strap it on

It depends whose files you are using. The best way to strap it is probably to make the shin and attach the knee to it.

Thanks for all the kind words and thanks Jimmy for the idea.
For my shins i couldnt find any files all i could find were weta odst models.

I'm really sorry about the double post, but i have some updates.
This is Sean Bradleys child play design. I did some testing then pm'd him to confirm.
A light is shined on the face making the visor "see through."
My testing is with paper and glasses.(they have darker parts on sideds because they're rearview glasses)
Picture37.jpg

In this pic there is no light. Behind the lens the paper is dark.
Picture38.jpg

With light the paper is alluminated.
I may use this method in my helmet.(definatly)
Credit goes to Sean Bradley.

Yup, this method definitely works, the only thing that prevented me putting them in my helmet was that now people could see in, but I was blinded by my own equipment! OH NO!!!

For the shins, or any ODST files, I recommend Hugh Holder's files. They are in the 3d modeling section on the first page of his build thread. His models are all well done, and fairly easy to assemble. I have to say his shins/knee combo is one of the more difficult ones, but its a great file.

Also, I like the LED idea.

The lights i'm definatly going to do.
About Hughs files they look pretty good. For the weekend im not home so i dont have pepakura.
But i'm still working on armor.
Now i have primer and silver metalic spray paint.
I will post pics tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back