Keep your head down, there's two of us in here now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone in here wanting the ability to power the cortana chip when not inserted in the suit, besides me that is?

I think some kind of a stand would be a good place to put the power source. An item this small will need some help keeping all the large action figures off its back anyways. I'm sure everybody can figure something out that goes well with his furniture.

Or you can just drill a hole into your desk and pull the wire through there. :)

Hey that's an idea! Make a base with a USB connection to it, so that it can be connected to anything USB (xbox360, computer, ps3 whatever) and we could just set the board down onto the stand and as soon as it makes contact it turns on the chip. Then you could put your H3 McFarelane cortana on top of it!

What do we think? Anyone have other ideas? I personally don't like having a single super cap that only provides a couple of seconds power. I would rather have a separate board or something to provide a larger power source, or the ability to connect to power source independently from the suit connection.

~James

Can put the header board inside a stand, suit, base, kickstand, etc. The main board would slide into the header's mount.

Some more pictures for latest board revision. Top and bottom of board.
5431780066_6101f84c75_m.jpg 5431175107_457c89a198_m.jpg 5431783276_a9e354b12a_m.jpg

what!?!?! anyone else understand that?
Do I really have to draw a picture showing how to put the header socket in different orientations for a wide range of projects?

no i got the subjects you used... header and such it just seemed like you were making stuff up or leaving words out...

are you also going to try?

are you also going to try and make a port in ur helmet so the chip makes the lights on ur helmet turn on?:D????
and fyi i am loving look at this thing its AWESOME

Heh, Thanks~!

I added a suit power switch to the design last night. There is a battery output on the daughter board, when you insert the main board into the slot the battery output is switched on.

You can notice in the picture that there is a switched output in the upper right corner. Can connect lights, fans, etc to that spot. Will provide +5 volts only when the board is inserted.

Heh, Thanks~!

I added a suit power switch to the design last night. There is a battery output on the daughter board, when you insert the main board into the slot the battery output is switched on.

In other words, you wire this in line (of your battery to your helmet lights for instance), and when the chip is disconnected no lights, plug cortana in, and poof! Lights!
I am thinking of making somekind of small external amp sound circuit, when you plug her in your helmet, you here the thread title play through the speaker.

~James

As long as your sound amp can take a square input like this. Imagine holding down the play button.

Code:
on               ____________________________
off _____________|                           |_________________
        Not                Inserted                   Not     
      Inserted                                      Inserted

General reference material to keep me hyped up

Pillar of Autumn: Bridge Scene:
Cortana - Rescue:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, Halo:CE in English. Good times. I somehow lost my English copy and now I'm stuck with that crappy synchronised version... Total atmosphere killer.

Anyways, not to derail the thread: It looks like that chip is huge. Consideirng that MC has bid hands and wears gloves, I'd estimate something around 10x5 cm at the very least.

Wrapping up the circuit design, last chance for ideas.

Adding some more text labels tonight, any suggestions for UNSC type text to put on there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back