King Of The Hill....cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
JackSkelling10 said:
Personally I think King of the Hill is WAAAYYY better than family guy. family guy just relies on raunchy flashbacks dealing with pop culture whereas King of the Hill has meaningful story lines that have subtle, but hilarious humor underlying a more serious topic.

EXACTLY!!!

Family Guy does not deserve a spin-off or an hour long time slot. That's two good shows killed off by Family Guy. If the Simpson's can stay original for 20 years, Family Guy should be able to for at least a couple years. That's just my opinion...

Last edited by a moderator:
Malechei said:
Simply put, King of the Hill wasn't making money anymore. No matter how good a show is to those of us that are fans, if it doesn't make money, it's not going to last. Look and Firefly.

:( I really miss Firefly tho... Well, I never watched it when it came on. I waited for the dvd.

But booo for stupid spin offs.

JackSkelling10 said:
Personally I think King of the Hill is WAAAYYY better than family guy. family guy just relies on raunchy flashbacks dealing with pop culture whereas King of the Hill has meaningful story lines that have subtle, but hilarious humor underlying a more serious topic.

You must not understand FG's comedy style very well.

The thing is, FG DOES tackle HUGE problems... It does so in a way that makes it look unimportant. It's not in your face with messages.

Tired of peeple bashing Family Guy's comedic style just because it USED to have a habbit of constant flashbacks. Those really slowed down a few years ago.

Koth was a good show. It's a shame to see it go. My favourite episode is still when all the kids were pretending to act retarded to go to a special school and they actually started to become more dull as time went by.

Besides, you were all warned. Koth was planned to be cancelled around two seasons ago because mike judge wanted to move on. The only thing that's kept it alive has been fan intervention. Not to mention Cleaveland himself mentioned the spinnoff in a suprisingly old episode. Him and Quagmire were tied up in a basement wathing the Direct TV user help channel. At the end of the episode, cleavland turns and says "dy'hear I'm gettin a spinnoff?" exact quote.

All in all, I don't see why you're blaming Family Guy for this, Koth was going to END anyway after Louanne had her kid. An again afer the Grandpa died. This is the third time the show's ended really.

This reminds me of the time George Lopez was canceled to make room for that Caveman show, which only lasted 6 episodes. Sad, but it happens. I'll be mad if the Cleavland Show turns out to be horrible.

I agree, Famialy Guy has a very good way at looking at things. It takes humour, and makes an everyday thing go to the extreme.

Another good show (Sorta off topic) is South Park. Its the same deal with famialy, but with poorly drawn (but has a lerge comical effect) characters, and it bashing Canada once and a while. Even I laugh when South Park, or Famialy guy bashes Canada, because its in good humour. Although I tend to watch mostly The Simpsons, Futurama,and Chilly Beach (Canadian version of South Park sorta), I do enjoy flicking on Famialy Guy once and a while.

So has anyone seen the Cleveland show yet? I watched it the other night.

It was just ok, all the new kids voices sounded the same and mumble everything so they are hard to understand. Remember Clevland's hyperactive son? Now he's the fat kid with a slow voice.

The only part I really enjoyed was the bear. He has a funny accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back