Kotaku H3 Beta cosplay contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the 'skinniness' that he's talking about is because I'm slightly turned to the side in that pic. I guess some people forget about foreshortening.

But LOL.... I thought that was funny too. That guy is one of the other entrants, and he seems to be making lots of critical posts about other peoples armor. Hmmm.

Thanks to Deadguy for sticking up for me too.

Sean bradley is "famous" in the Halo community for that costume. Check h.b.o. to see what he went through to make it, or go to mjolnirarmor.com and make your own just like it based on instructions he's posted there.

I've never actually had it featured on H.B.O..... just the sword. Louis will be putting up all the best of my new pics, but I wanted him to wait til the Kotaku contest was over.

Then theres all those folks who discount me for having made this suit before the contest... but truth be told I did ALOT of work on it just for this... new visors... redesigned the codpiece/belt, redesigned the shoes, and repainted a whole bunch of it... and have NEVER entered this costume in any other contests. This is really like the premiere... and the rules weren't specific about making your armor in a particular time period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sean I voted for you hahah !! My vote is buried somewhere in there with the 200+ votes.. :mrgreen: Goodluck!! I have no suit so I just bought the shirt for me and the wifey a couple of weeks ago!! :dee: They are sweet!!

Holy crap Sean yours is aweasome! And I quote "Sorry, number 1, you're too awesome for your own good." Lol Your going to win man

People keep saying Sean's suit wasn't made for the contest. Of course. neither was 6, but their still legit entries. I don't get how #2 made it, probally because it's so funny.

Ares said:
People keep saying Sean's suit wasn't made for the contest. Of course. neither was 6, but their still legit entries.

Actually, I think six may not be eligible because it was not self made. Haven't read official rules though.

The results are in... and thankfully I am one of the winners! Whew! Post-it note Mister Chief gave me a run for my money!

http://kotaku.com/gaming/contest/teh-halo-...ners-265915.php

It's still completely hilarious to read all the comments from people arguing over what should and shouldn't be eligible. The rules for the contest were very vague.... it just said Make a costume, take a picture and send it in by June 1st. It didn't say when or where, or how. If it wasn't eligible, it wouldn't have been made a finalist.

Still I feel bad about the people who put in alot of effort and got nothing for it. I thought Kotaku should have maybe sent T-Shirts to all the finalists. It only seems fair.

I just made my first post over there now that the contest is over to tell people to quit calling me a woman! :mrgreen: :roll: Look at any of the other pictures of the costume and you can see that the angle that particular picture was taken at makes me look thinner. Damn perspective!

Still I wish that other finalist had never posted in the comments at all. He shouldn't have been allowed to comment on the other costumes while they were being judged.

I'll take some pics with the shirt for y'all when it arrives. Thanks to everyone who voted!

WOOO!
I hate how everyone is kinda...degrading your suit for being too professional (lol) and I noticed what someone says, they think the crotch piece is a bit big.

joncoffee says:

Is the first one a lady? Looks kinda slender feminine.

Worthy winners.

what an ass, can't these guys just accept that your suit kicks sir...

BTW congrats.

*kicks Sean and steals shirt*
*does happy dance*
*Dies at hands of Seans Bad Ass Sword*

Can we get another shot of #1 from a different angle? It seems a little too shiny and perfect to be real.

is it just me or does finalist 1 look like CG...either hes really good with computer graphics or you're all blind...

its really real the #1 Finalist Armor?

Much congrats Sean. You def deserve it.

Some of those comments are priceless, but others seem a little like backhanded criticisms... which is funny considering how hardcore the rules were stated for banning people who criticised..

Note: Commenters who dip into little Mr. Critic territory and start degrading finalists will feel the brunt end of the ban stick.

I've tried commenting on that page twice today to reply to peoples questions and misguided theories, and the comments just aren't showing up. It's been like 6 hours! Does anybody know the magic ass I have to kiss to get a comment posted? I've registered, logged in, and nothing I've posted will show up.

Additionally they're yet to reply to my email I was asked to send to claim my prize. I'd just like a 'hey. congrats, your shirt is on it's way". Instead I'm left wondering if they've recieved my message or not and wondering if they're just gonna forfeit the prize to someone else. :unsure:

I've tried commenting on that page twice today to reply to peoples questions and misguided theories, and the comments just aren't showing up. It's been like 6 hours! Does anybody know the magic ass I have to kiss to get a comment posted? I've registered, logged in, and nothing I've posted will show up.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have access to leave comments.. You have to be invited to comment on the page, but I think they started some way to comment but the messages will be screened. I'll private message you the contact person for the site.

So, not to bump this or anything, I gotta vent.

Kotaku has yet to send me the Beta shirt that was offered as the prize for this contest. I've had numerous email exchanges with Brian Cresente the editor of Kotaku, which always end with "yeah, sorry I forgot.. it's sitting right here on my desk I'll send it to you today."

And I wait, and nothing shows up...

Last time he said that he was very busy getting ready for E3, but he'd get it sent immediately... but still no shirt.

At this point I don't even know if I should continue bugging them about it, I don't want to get them mad at me, but what gives? How can you hold a contest, then never give the prizes to the winners...

I even sent a shirt to one of the contestants that I thought deserved a prize.... he got a unofficial prize from me, but I haven't gotten the official one...

:unsure:

Redsleighdown said:
I think I solved the mystery of why #1 is so skinny. I think it might be a girl. Not saying that's a bad thing, I'm saying that's an awesome thing. Notice the enlarged chest-piece? At first I thought it looked dis-proportional, but they could have been modified to fit certain anatomy.

Sorry Sean, just had to point out that comment.

lmao, well your armor is still amazing

:roll:

..never gonna live that down...

Everybodys got a smart comment to make when they're jealous, just ask Adam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back