Larger Pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swatze

I am working on an unfold for a gun and the trigger guard and trigger are extremely tiny pieces and I am wondering if there is some kind of zoom function on Pep Designer so that I could work with precision to connect these pieces. Any ideas?

A lot of times, I would just cut the pieces off after I'm done with putting the rest of the pieces together, and put the cut off piece aside to modify it. I also usually use the scrap pieces of the borders on the printed paper and cardboard to make shapes.

I highly encourage using cardboard scaffolding in your weapons btw, closed peps usually warp in one way or another during either resining or rondo stages.

As for the zoom function, you can calculate just how large you need the piece to actually be, put together the original, put together the new larger (or smaller) piece separately, and finally put the new piece on the original.

If you're looking for a literal "zoom" function on pep designer 3, you're out of luck.

A lot of times, I would just cut the pieces off after I'm done with putting the rest of the pieces together, and put the cut off piece aside to modify it. I also usually use the scrap pieces of the borders on the printed paper and cardboard to make shapes.

I highly encourage using cardboard scaffolding in your weapons btw, closed peps usually warp in one way or another during either resining or rondo stages.

As for the zoom function, you can calculate just how large you need the piece to actually be, put together the original, put together the new larger (or smaller) piece separately, and finally put the new piece on the original.

If you're looking for a literal "zoom" function on pep designer 3, you're out of luck.

Thanks. Also, are you saying I should do the piece I need separately and import it to the original file or put the piece together separately and just attach it?

So for the "importing" method theory, here is how I imagine it would go

-Print original in desired scale

-put together original

-determine what needs to be scaled up (without having to make a whole new bigger thing)

-in Pep designer 3, set aside pieces needed to put together that one part of the original that needs fixing

-calculate how much larger new piece should be

-print and build new piece

-attach onto original piece, cut off existing section if needed

If it all goes flying colors, then you have a modified Pep project! I do this to cars so it should work... you may run into fitment issues but if you use your brain... it should... work.

Good luck on that. Weapons are really freaking hard IMO so I can only guide you so far. I know what to do, it's just easier said than done half the time :p

Why wouldn't I be?

The OP is looking for a way to zoom in on unfolded models for unfolding. The mouse wheel zooms in and out on both the 2D and 3D windows.

You're talking about re-scaling, which would not change the view in the 3D window and therefore not help with unfolding.

Edit: You can also zoom using the 'shift' key + 'right drag'.

Why wouldn't I be?

The OP is looking for a way to zoom in on unfolded models for unfolding. The mouse wheel zooms in and out on both the 2D and 3D windows.

You're talking about re-scaling, which would not change the view in the 3D window and therefore not help with unfolding.

Edit: You can also zoom using the 'shift' key + 'right drag'.

OK so I'm feeling retarded right now. Sigh...

So when I saw the title "larger pieces" and quickly reading the first post, I though Swatze wanted larger pieces, literally.

I guess what he meant was, how to zoom in on Pep Designer 3.

...Yes, you zoom in by rolling the mouse wheel or shift.

I COMPLETELY misunderstood the question. FUUUUUU
Thank you Dorvack, for answering the question properly when I failed to even understand said question. applause to you sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back