led lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

deamon

hi i was wandering what kind of LED lights i should use for my ODST armor and how will i control it

This should be in creation discussion, but I'll give ya a hand anyways. Anyhow, I'm not too familiar with the ODST helm, are there lights on it in-game?

OK well could you find a picture of where and how many exactly? I can tell you how to wire it all up from there.

Gokussj5okazu said:
OK well could you find a picture of where and how many exactly? I can tell you how to wire it all up from there.
ok here is a pic that i edited that shows the stuff

gallery_4075_103_150154-1.jpg

look carfully for the RED CIRCLES

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah that's like all the other perms :p

Gokuss is better than me with electronic, but what I personally prefer is 10mm LEDs.

For the wiring, wait for Gokuss reply :D

Alrighty, looks like 2 sets of 2 on the helm, and 1 set of 2 on the chest. The look like flat square LEDs, but 10mm LEDs with hot glue caps should do it.

I suggest two seperate circuits so that there aren't any wires running from the helm to the chest, ect. So, here's the first one for the helmet LEDs. Both power supplies are 9v batteries.

Helm: Use 68 OHM resistors, that's Blue, Gray, Black, Gold.

helmleds865.png

Chest: Use another 68 OHM resistor.

chestleds397.png

Hope this helps. :D

If you want to try the hot glue caps, just sand the tips of the LEDs off. Then, fill the spot that need to be lit up with hotglue, then quickly jam the LED into it while it's still really hot. Make sure not to press it all the way into the bottom, almost though. Then when you turn them on, the whole chunk of glue will glow.

LEDShoppe - Sells in 100's
eBay - Sell in small quantities, but take forever.
OkazuMods(Me) - Small quantities, fast shipping.

No not trying to toot my own horn lol, I actually only sell because other companies suck. Anyhow, RS sell too, but they're extremely overpriced and are cheap in quality.

I know you know what you are talking about but if we change the resistors, does it affect the brightness or it will just blow up? :p

Well, it depends how much you change it. If you raise the resistor value any, the LED will be dimmer or off. If you use one, say 5 ohms lower, that won't hurt much. That setup is safe to about a 47 ohm. Any lower than that and it'll blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back