Leds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimguy379

Jr Member
i recently helped Dragonknight with his LED hayabusa helmet light bars. Just curious if anybody else needs any LEDs boards built or whatever?

Slimguy379 said:
i recently helped Dragonknight with his LED hayabusa helmet light bars. Just curious if anybody else needs any LEDs boards built or whatever?

well i did have a project that has been set on the back burner i have been doing props for shows, and one of them was a staff for one of the characters to hold, I wanted to put a ball-light of Superbright leds, i just didnt know how. I would love to have the design so that i could pick that project back up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a visor idea:

place 2nd visor made of edge-lit plastic inside helmet

Make stickers of HUD elements using ODST screenshots and adhesive transparencies

Carve VERY shallow recesses in edge-lit plastic (must match the shape of HUD stickers PERFECTLY)

Place the stickers inside their recesses

Place LEDS around your new visor so that they are completely hidden (only exposed to edges of the plastic. The goal is for the LEDs to be invisible so that the "HUD" looks self-illuminated and true to the game.)

Can you build something to suit this purpose? How much? It's a Weta ODST helmet, just the same as half a dozen others are making right now.

im not %100 sure what your asking but, if you have any dimensions or drawings of what you want to accomplish, send them my way

wolfshui said:
well i did have a project that has been set on the back burner i have been doing props for shows, and one of them was a staff for one of the characters to hold, I wanted to put a ball-light of Superbright leds, i just didnt know how. I would love to have the design so that i could pick that project back up.

sounds interesting but all depends on what your using as said before ^^^ send me pictures or something to further elaborate your idea

Slimguy379 said:
im not %100 sure what your asking but, if you have any dimensions or drawings of what you want to accomplish, send them my way

I made a very quick drawing for you in MS paint:

2bxnib.jpg

If this still doesn't help you, I'll be in less of a hurry next time I visit the forums and prove that I do actually have something to show for my high school drafting classes.

The orange lines are orange because I will taking my HUD from the ODST game.

PS: The edge lit plastic will appear luminous anywhere it is scrathced (or in this case, recesses are carved), so that laying semi-transparent objects over it will appear to illuminate them.

hey. since u were talking about LEDs and requests and stuff. I was wondering if u could answer a question for me. I am constructing a simple LED circuit. but idk if i need a resistor or not. It has one LED, two 3v button cell batteries, and a switch. Would that be all that i need? Or would i need a resistor and what size?

EDIT: Oh yea, and as an interesting side note, I've done something similar to what u are talking about with plexiglass for art. I often take a piece, scratch into it with an x-acto knife, and make images that i then put ink onto and transfer to other pieces of paper! heres one of my pieces that sold for $45 :D

cp1_1113081539.jpg

one 3v battery will be all it takes. the only need for a resistor is if you exceed the 3v necessary to power it. for a 12v i use a 470ohm resister. fore i am going from a high 12 to a low 3... but one 3v battery to a 3v LED needs no resistor

Okay, and i think i can wrap my head around this part, if i added another 3v battery, it would only increase the capacity of power that the LED could run on and it wouldnt change the voltage or anyhting right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back