Legendary Armor – Mark VI Master Chief Helmet Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
BishopX said:
This is not quite CNC. More like SLA. I've primered this piece....What do you think? Maybe in a rubber?

Wow, that handplate looks amazing. Nice job making the thing actually curve correctly.

Now if only I had one like that...

Also, if you have any helmet pulls for sale, I would mind buying one :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang! I second that sentiment, IGGY! That's some really fine work you've done on the gauntlets. Then again, given the high calibre of your Mk VI helmet, I'm not surprised this would turn out just as well... :D heh

BishopX said:
This is not quite CNC. More like SLA. I've primered this piece....What do you think? Maybe in a rubber?

Mmm SLA :lol: ......................... :whistle:

BishopX said:

MC%20Handback%20Final01.JPG

Like hard or soft rubber? I think don't think that part of the hand wouldn't need much flexibility, but it wont break if hits the floor and it might be lighter then resin or easier then fiberglass I assume.

Just my two cents,
Your guy's work is awesome!!!
-Nik-

BishopX said:

MC%20Handback%20Final01.JPG

Holy crap that detail is crisp. :bowdown:

Yeah...it's not about the flexibility....it's about weight and durability. This will weigh almost nothing in rubber. It won't really flex but it will be much lighter and durable. There are a few parts that will be done in rubber on our suits.

The curve is as correct as we can get it since it's SLA'd off of the high resolution file. Wasn't very expensive to output either...couple hundy...

BishopX said:
...couple hundy...

For hand plates!

There is a very fine line between envy and hate, lol

love the dedication!

was just thinking... you could have pulled like 5 'spitzers' with all the cash you've spent.

don't forget quieter. The hand plate will rub on the forearms when you bend your hand back. Shoes definitely need to be made of rubber.

Personally, I haven't made a plastic shoe in quite some time because they're rather obsolete at this point in my molding life

Couple hundred for a hand plate? Science, that's a lot.
I guess it comes down to fast, cheap, good- pick two.. which is fine, but most of the people here can't drop that kind of money on a project.

ill be perfectly honest, I'm not to keen on the square looking design (Just my opinion, don't take anything the wrong way)
I also think that the circles are a bit to big... Who knows, it might just be me (the rest of your work is brilliant!)

Thats an awesome looking hand plate, any chance you could photograph it from a few more angles? I'd like to use them as reference for a sculpt if you guys dont mind :)

Vrogy said:
Couple hundred for a hand plate? Science, that's a lot.
I guess it comes down to fast, cheap, good- pick two.. which is fine, but most of the people here can't drop that kind of money on a project.

...that is one criteria that seperates our project from others...you do get what you pay for...it is not always easy coming up with the funding but that is something we are willing to do...but that should not be pointed out to look as if it is a fault

p0rtalman said:
ill be perfectly honest, I'm not to keen on the square looking design (Just my opinion, don't take anything the wrong way)
I also think that the circles are a bit to big... Who knows, it might just be me (the rest of your work is brilliant!)

...no worries, these are from 3D files so who knows guess they could be wrong too :whistle:

Not really sure of the actual material's name, but what about trying to cast them in that foam rubber, the kind that some of the Clone maker's use to make the belts? I think that would be doable

tubachris85x said:
Not really sure of the actual material's name, but what about trying to cast them in that foam rubber, the kind that some of the Clone maker's use to make the belts? I think that would be doable

...they do not hold up very well...you need some sort of backing to have it stick or glue...plus paint does not seem to stick that well, could have also just been the paint I was using but saw it firsthand on a few belts...

...HyperFirm...nuff said :cool:

Pretty pretty work :) I still think it's incredible it goes from a file into these pieces :D So if these are rubber, will back handing someone be less effective??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back