Legendary Armor - MA5C Assault Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
BishopX said:
BTW....Does anyone have the game file and/or drawings/pics of the Spartan Laser?

If only pictures, I'd like perfect angles if possible.... profile, top front, back etc.

I can't figure out how to get the pictures from Halo 3 to my account mail.
Send Vrogy a message. Last I heard, he was going to do the Spartan Laser or the Spiker as one of his next models. He does them in Solidworks, but puts out .stl and .iges types among others. Do a search for his Sniper Rifle and Magnum. Then might come in handy.

-Magnum

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I'm going to create the ACAD blueprint of the Spartan Laser to line it up in our list of projects.

23Magnum said:
Send Vrogy a message. Last I heard, he was going to do the Spartan Laser or the Spiker as one of his next models. He does them in Solidworks, but puts out .stl and .iges types among others. Do a search for his Sniper Rifle and Magnum. Then might come in handy.

-Magnum

You beat me to the punch, sir.

Any progress on the AR, Bishop? And how does one go into the prop making business? Do you need any special schooling or do you just send a resume to one of those businesses and say 'I want a job'?

BishopX said:
Thanks. I'm going to create the ACAD blueprint of the Spartan Laser to line it up in our list of projects.

If you're still after reference images of the Spartan Laser (or any other props/weapons from the game) let me know and I can upload and send some links your way :)

Those electrobinoc's looks amazing! :eek: what are you going to make the moulded copies out of?

Also thanks for posting all the PDF and ACAD files, they're really helpful :)

OMG splaser!?!??!?!?! Are you guys going to sell stuff when you're done to make back any of the money?you could easily cast a lot of stuff to make some serious dough!

Are you going to mold your stuff? If so will you sell casts of ANY of it. We allllllllllll want some :)

This is the picture that I used for the blueprints. I don't know if it is helpful for anyone. There are some issues with the camera angle but not a big deal.

Ma5C%20REF.jpg

I went to our weapons department and had them pull the Barret .50cal Sniper Rifle. This is the gun that the Halo sniper rifle is based on isn't it?

Sniper%20Rifle.jpg

BishopX said:
I went to our weapons department and had them pull the Barret .50cal Sniper Rifle. This is the gun that the Halo sniper rifle is based on isn't it?

Sniper%20Rifle.jpg
yup, as far as i know anyway. even if its not its prity damn close. the site and the stock need modification but other then that its there.

BishopX said:
I actually believe it is based on the NTW-20, a South African anti-materiel rifle. If you take a closer look at some details on this rifle you'll notice some HUGE similarities. Other than the magazine being in the wrong spot, I'd say this is as close as you can get.

Here's a model for reference.
http://www.pointofexistence.com/newsimages/News52/ntw-20.jpg

I'll check with our weapons department and see if they have one of those that I can measure. Maybe we already have a mold.

From Halopedia-
Influences
The sniper rifle appears to be heavily inspired by (if not directly copied from) the Barrett .50 caliber rifles (most notably the Barret M82 ), the M107 sniper rifle, and the South African Mechem NTW-20 . Many of the features present in the Halo version are included in both weapons, such as the recoil-dampening piston, the general look of the receiver, the magazine placement, muzzle brake, and many other attributes. In addition, the Sniper bullet (14.5 × 114mm) is an actual rifle cartridge, developed by the Russian Army for Anti-Tank Rifles, Heavy Machine Guns, and Sniper Rifles. However, the real 14.5 mm round has a standard cartridge design, whereas the round used in Halo is an APFSDS round (Armor-Piercing, Fin-Stabilized, Discarding Sabot).

I believe you're all right. ;)

-Magnum

Holy crap! I don't know what you just said but it sounded very technical!

:D

I'll check with our weapons department to get some good pics anyway.

LOL. Dude...that's nothing check this out....This isn't even 10% of our normal stock. Of course these are only the replicas. We have a larger amount of fully functional weapons as well.

weapons%20dept%2001.jpg

weapons%20dept%2002.jpg

weapons%20dept%2003.jpg

weapons%20dept%2004.jpg

weapons%20dept%2005.jpg

Hah. We do prop rentals, prop manufacturing, special effects, graphics, etc. for film industry. It's not my company...it's who I work for.

They are not the ones doing the halo costume btw....that me personally (<--disclaimer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back