Legendary Armor - MA5C Assault Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
...alrighty then, we managed to get a nice chunk of this badboy done today...after we did a quick mock-up the AR we also decided to add a few small details into our version since the lack of them made the AR look too plain...

...on the bottom of the stock (magazine clip I believe) we added some lengthwise lines to help break-up the otherwise flat and blank areas...
Halo%20MA5C%20Progress%20Day%20Five%2003.JPG

...on the handle/trigger grip we added a few small pill lines...this should also help with our grip when wearing thicker gloves...
Halo%20MA5C%20Progress%20Day%20Five%2005.JPG

Halo%20MA5C%20Progress%20Day%20Five%2008.JPG

...just some overall views of the current stage of the AR...(do not worry the knub on the handle will be gone...dont know what Bishopx was thinking there :p
Halo%20MA5C%20Progress%20Day%20Five%2009.JPG

Halo%20MA5C%20Progress%20Day%20Five%2011.JPG

LOL...That's not CNC....That's all hand built. There's no reason to CNC something like this since there are no complex shapes involved. If you CNC'd this, you'd have little details that would be difficult to clean up.

couldnt you make a 3d model and plug it into the cnc machine? they are redic acurate, i mean look at what the do with rims and other metal peices

It's not that they couldn't do it, it's that after you CNC the rifle and clean it up, you are looking at more time for possibly a less clean product. Imagine trying to clean up the mill lines out of the grooves and score lines on the rifle, it would take forever. That's what we are dealing with on the helmet. It's not the creation but the finishing on CNC parts that is a bit tedious. If we actually has two full days of time, this rifle could be made to be mold ready from scratch.

BTW....the little nub on the bottom of the handle isn't supposed to be there. Sorry about that Lewis. Cut that sucker off. I think I was combining Halo 2 and 3 rifles when I did the blueprint.

Man I'm glad we decided to beef up this rifle. The handle feels really stout now. This will be worthy of being carried by Master Chief himself.

BishopX said:
This is the nub I'm talking about. I think it was there in the Halo 2 MA5B version but not in the MA5C

Halo%20MA5C%20Progress%20Day%20Five%2005.JPG
There was no Assault Rifle in Halo 2, and the MA5B didn't have a nub either.

Last edited by a moderator:
...lol...that is why we are taking it out...Bishopx did the autocad best he could with the limited ref pics...some weird angles and there you go...unlike Star Wars with so many available ref pics and actual made props we have very little to go by...as I said before it is a learning curve and we are trying our best...

...I am confident this will trun out excellent...

Laters
Lewis

I have no idea about Halo 2. I never played it. I've only played Halo 3 online. Halo and Halo 2 were like bad 90's games. Stiff movement and sub-par graphics. Halo 3 is okay.

Wrigley93 said:
cue all members to flame in 3 2 .....
bishop was it ?

your going t get yourself killed...

note: i am not flaming
The only one that would be flamed is you for being a cocky punk. Keep you snide remarks to yourself.

Sorry about that Bishop & Slave, these kids were just babies back in the 90's so some of them have no clue what their talking about. I tend to agree about Halo: CE and Halo 2.

Now, back on topic:
Your stuff keeps looking better and better every time I check back in these topics of yours. I read through here regularly, but I don't remember if you said what material that is that you're doing the mock up with. It looks like wood, but I just wanted to be sure incase it was some sort of plastic or other material.

-Magnum

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back