Lemon's Jun-A266 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. this is the best way to do it. Even for the rest of the suit its best to just measurer it rather then doing the math in my opinion.

fair enough, so just look at a photo of Jun and measure where the armour should sit on me? does that sound right? haha

More or less. You can look at the picture to see where its at to help. For the most part use a tape measure or ruler and go from the base of your chin to the top of your head. For me it about 10in and im 6'4". add a little room for padding maybe like half an inch to and inch. its personal preference.

helmet23.jpg

lol hope your build turns out great!

Well after scrapping another helmet T_T after discovering my computer had stuffed up the scaling i have finally got it right :D 3rd times the charm right? haha
p9160131.jpg

p9160132b.jpg

p9160133.jpg

p9160134.jpg

p9160135.jpg

what i want to do for this it have the 2 front indents near the chin made into fans for some ventelation and the 2 side indents have some mesh or somthing over them so i can hear well :D also plan on putting some leds or lenses on the front top bits like on the actual helmet, hopefully will get some interesting results from that.
junlenses.jpg

also im thinking of eventually making this section into rubber, but im not sure how feasible that is, any suggestions? or atleast how i would make it look like that?

rubberpartmine.jpg

rubberpartjun.jpg

next up is the attachment ontop but thats going to have to wait a while most likely as i have a holiday and couple days in hospitol coming up :/ but hopefully i will get some more done :D

well i recomend that you dont make that part into rubber its going to be a big pain. the best way is to fiber glass it and then bondo over it and paint it black also the really small parts like thoes little screws or what ever you can do one of two things look for bolts that look like it or use bondo and shape it to how it looks but if you use the bondo take your time and dont rush it cause i did that and it turned out really bad and you sizeing on the helmet dont worry i made 4 helmets and the 4th one turned out right and thats when i figured out how to measure the distances lol well i hope this info helped

Yeah, Rubber would be a little trouble. On the other hand, Awsome peping man! Very clean and I mean VERY. Wonderfull job!

Jacob

You could try my file;) Click on the picture to download

JunHelmet.jpg

Edit: Hope you don't hate me if you would have to build another helmetXD

ok, a bit off the wall, you might be able to get rubber effect spray paint. i say might because i dont even know it it exists.

well i recomend that you dont make that part into rubber its going to be a big pain. the best way is to fiber glass it and then bondo over it and paint it black also the really small parts like thoes little screws or what ever you can do one of two things look for bolts that look like it or use bondo and shape it to how it looks but if you use the bondo take your time and dont rush it cause i did that and it turned out really bad and you sizeing on the helmet dont worry i made 4 helmets and the 4th one turned out right and thats when i figured out how to measure the distances lol well i hope this info helped

well i dont think they are screws, to me they look like lenses, kinda makes sence with jun being a sniper i guess and yeah, after doing the helmet so many time im gonna go slooooooow with the resin/fb/bondo stages make sure i get it right haha thanks for the info :)

Yeah, Rubber would be a little trouble. On the other hand, Awsome peping man! Very clean and I mean VERY. Wonderfull job!

starting to look like no rubber :p ahahaha probably will just need to really smooth it out to get the effect lol, and thanks mate :D

Jacob

You could try my file;) Click on the picture to download

JunHelmet.jpg

Edit: Hope you don't hate me if you would have to build another helmetXD

haha if i need to build another one il build your Jico :p hehe

ok, a bit off the wall, you might be able to get rubber effect spray paint. i say might because i dont even know it it exists.

hmm i might check at hardware stores for that one because if it is real, perfect :D

hmm i might check at hardware stores for that one because if it is real, perfect :D

I know they make rubber undercoating spray / bed coating that you can buy in a can... a little more expensive than spray paint but does give a good rubber and textured feel to stuff.

Yeah looks like a rubberized coating would work.. as for the lenses.. Maybe a some of those autopart xmas tree clips. they look like buttons or lenses. The Crown is a sensor array of some sort.

Well it has been a while :D, im back from the dead, so to speak haha, and i have an update :)

here is the re-done forearm, was never really fully happy with the old one so re did it :D

forearm1.jpg

forearm2.jpg

forearm3.jpg

forearm4.jpg

seem to me to be about the right size, im happy with it. next up is the thigh, im a little all over the place with what im doing but its so that i keep myself motivated. Thanks for lookin!

Yeah looks like a rubberized coating would work.. as for the lenses.. Maybe a some of those autopart xmas tree clips. they look like buttons or lenses. The Crown is a sensor array of some sort.

hmmm well i was thinking of using some small LED's having the wires all leading down the helmet to a switch at the side maybe? im not to sure at the moment, il think about it once i have pepped all of the suit :)

well i have finished the right thigh :) was a bit of a pain but thanks to WVISION for helping me out :D

rightthigh5.jpg

rightthigh6.jpg

rightthigh7.jpg

rightthigh8.jpg

The piece fits perfectly considering once the undersuit is under it, just a bit loose on my trackies haha now on to finish the left thigh! once i get more glue...

Lemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back