Let The Madness Begin, Or My Warthog Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the wheelbase ?? Is it going to be to scale with the Warthog body, or were you planning on shortening the frame, etc .. ?

- Dan

dDUBb said:
How about the wheelbase ?? Is it going to be to scale with the Warthog body, or were you planning on shortening the frame, etc .. ?

- Dan

The wheel base is 106.5 inches. More of what i am doing is scaleing the "in game" warthog down to this chassis. The frame is going to be shortened a little in the rear I will know how much when i start with the body. The ft may have to have a shave on it too but not as much as the rear. It is very close of what is being used on some of the other warthogs.
Operation chastity warthog has a 110 inch wheelbase. I don't know what year model Nissan Patrol they used for the Weta Warthog but wheelbase for it should be around 116.5 inch. The widths on the above hogs are very close too with in a inch of one another.

CURRENT CHASSIS

Wheelbase 106.5 inches
width 71.0 inches

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone called Shotgun?

This is going to rock! it looks like you now what you're doing so good luck.

i'll be watching this!

UPDATE APRIL 27TH

Finally got to weld today what i wanted to do yesterday. Going to try and go back out to the shop some to finish welding out what i have tacked on the side. Then it will be time for the uprights on the rear. It's a slow go cutting this steel. My chop saw is one of those cheap made china ones.

3499055886_1c730cf27e_b.jpg

3499084332_9486f6c315_b.jpg

3499185008_ac7bf8b33a_b.jpg

3498443223_ccd914c273_b.jpg

You couldn't have picked a better base vehicle. I have built many K5's so if you need any info, or parts hit me up!

I hate to see a blazer become something else, but I don't know what could be cooler then a warthog! Can't wait to see more.

Confucious T said:
I can see it now, a company of warthogs riding across the land.

I call turret. haha.

already done by someon else but i bags driving the scorpion!

UNIT-SPARTAN#007 said:
already done by someon else but i bags driving the scorpion!

If your driving I call the machine gun turret!

BTW, cool project there ADOR, I'll keep an eye on this one!

ADOR said:
UPDATE APRIL 27TH

Finally got to weld today what i wanted to do yesterday. Going to try and go back out to the shop some to finish welding out what i have tacked on the side. Then it will be time for the uprights on the rear. It's a slow go cutting this steel. My chop saw is one of those cheap made china ones.

Ive tried to those made in China Chop saw's .... wouldnt cut through anything I have in the yard.

Are you using Flux-Core wire ???? WHERES THE GAS ?!? It would also help a lot if you used a grinder or wire wheel to hit up the metal and Frame before welding ... you want solid Penetration here, and NO contamination !!!

- Dan

TODAYS UPDATE APRIL 28

Had a couple of setbacks. My chop saw is just crap so i had to stop and get another one today. And my main welder is messing up. It's not working right. I have another stick rod machine in the other shed and need to swap it out when i get a chance. So i got a some of it finally cut out and tacked. I hope to finish up the main part around the back tomorrow.

3499343844_968cbe6a09_b.jpg

3498476123_5d9f1bff0c_b.jpg

3499372356_90e7b61de4_b.jpg

seaninja951 said:
Cant wait!!! Will it have all wheel steering?

Not for now, but will look into it when i got to up grade the axles. Found a complete K30 truck with dana 60, one ton rear, manual 4 speed and 205 transfer case i am looking at getting if the man with get right on the price.

heres a quick idea maybe but its just a thought. if you upload a bunch of pictures to image shack or photobucket you wouldnt need to doubble post to attach images. and if you go that way multiple pictures can be uploaded at once... so google those. they are free image hosts.

on another note that is an awesome. cant wait to see it done!

GutterGrowl said:
You couldn't have picked a better base vehicle. I have built many K5's so if you need any info, or parts hit me up!

I hate to see a blazer become something else, but I don't know what could be cooler then a warthog! Can't wait to see more.

Ok, i will keep that in mind. I wanted a solid chassis to start with. That is why i was looking for short wheel base truck, blazer or bronco for a starting point. It's hard to beat solid axles. This was just a throw together i got. It's a 1977 body on a 1973 chassis. A friend of mine had it and found a complete 74 he liked better to replace it. The rims and tires are going back to him. I am currently looking for some 10" rims to fit my 35's on.

dDUBb said:
Ive tried to those made in China Chop saw's .... wouldnt cut through anything I have in the yard.

Are you using Flux-Core wire ???? WHERES THE GAS ?!? It would also help a lot if you used a grinder or wire wheel to hit up the metal and Frame before welding ... you want solid Penetration here, and NO contamination !!!

- Dan

Well mine as of today has been replaced with a good one. Dad had got it to surprise me, but now has to go back. Yes that is my small wire welder it's a flux core wire machine. Just using it to tack with, it's easier when you are trying to hold the part with one hand and then weld with the other. I did weld one pass on the frame with out buffing, but i may have to put body mount under it later so it just to keep it steady for now. If i do decide it needs a body mount i will be using hockey pucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back