Let The Madness Begin, Or My Warthog Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been doing some drawing and brain storming on the plane. To get the side to look like i want it too i think i just need to lengthen the area where the drop goes. So i am going to have to take the side to side bar out behind where the driver goes and cut it back anywhere 3 to 6 inches. Think i will cut it back 3 inches and then do the top in wood for a mock up to see what that looks like.But i believe from looking back through my pictures that should give it a better look.

3506681470_3ce4a2601a_o.jpg

3506681466_de0b17147b_o.jpg

I am sitting hear checking out all your progress and wondering "Why the hell have you not been made a veteran early or even an Elite?".

Great job, will be waiting for you to get back and finish this beast :D .

M07Marauder said:
I am sitting hear checking out all your progress and wondering "Why the hell have you not been made a veteran early or even an Elite?".

Great job, will be waiting for you to get back and finish this beast :D .

Thanks, but no rush. Hell i haven't even started armor yet. I have been looking at some marine armor and at a lot of different stuff to "convert" at army surplus. Plus i need to get the rest of the sub frame up. Then it will be time to permanently mount my seating ( either home made or using short back buckets like found on a dunebuggy with a modified snap on seat cover) and get the steering right. Drop in a working engine and trans. Get the mechanicals hooked up. And then on to wiring. Maybe when i get to working body pannels i can make some armor with same stuff while i got everything out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you planning on putting gun racks in the copit of the warthog like in the halowars video. The guns were next to the mid section 1 between the driver and the mid box and the other one next to the passenger and the other side mid box. It on one of the videos it's the one with the warthogs suddenly flying threw a convoy to met up with thrie recon team and the Spartans say this is Spartan group Omega if it's a war they want then well give them one with an army right behind them chrck it out man I think it would be a niece touch for your warthog.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sr. Chief(Maverick) @ May 7 2009, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Are you planning on putting gun racks in the copit of the warthog like in the halowars video. The guns were next to the mid section 1 between the driver and the mid box and the other one next to the passenger and the other side mid box. It on one of the videos it's the one with the warthogs suddenly flying threw a convoy to met up with thrie recon team and the Spartans say this is Spartan group Omega if it's a war they want then well give them one with an army right behind them chrck it out man I think it would be a niece touch for your warthog.</div>

I haven't seen that. I don't have a xbox. I have only been playing halo for about 8 months now. I just finished halo 1 this time home. My red vs blue box set made it to the house the day before i left. I have halo 2 but haven't even loaded it on my pc yet. I just upgraded to a 550w power supply and gts 250 video card from the integrated graphics. I use to be a big console player. It starts at my atari 2600 and then works it's way up to playstation 2 and i kept everything inbetween. But the prices of them and how long i have seen them last compaired to the olds ones doesn't work for me. So i have been slowly converting everything over so i can play on pc. If you can give me some pictures i may like it and run with it.

Try watching it on youtube I know it's there type in halo wars on your search in youtube and it should be easy to find the trailer it's about a min. and 32 seconds long. you got to realy look closly when a close up of the warthog interior comes up.

[attachment=9305:MVC_013F.JPG][attachment=9304:MVC_012F.JPG][attachment=9303:MVC

011F.JPG][attachment=9304:MVC_012F.JPG][attachment=9303:MVC_011F.JPG]Here are the pics from the video I was telling you about for the gun racks in the warthog. Even though you can't see the entire weopons you can still see the upper parts of the weopons and tell that they are there and that should help with the design adjustmenst for your warthog when you start on the interior. I hope this helps you in what I was talking about.

Keep it up i wanna see this one fisished.
I will come over there to take a ride in it when its done.

Yur-Ry

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sr. Chief(Maverick) @ May 9 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>[attachment=9305:MVC_013F.JPG][attachment=9304:MVC_012F.JPG][attachment=9303:MVC
011F.JPG][attachment=9304:MVC_012F.JPG][attachment=9303:MVC_011F.JPG]Here are the pics from the video I was telling you about for the gun racks in the warthog. Even though you can't see the entire weopons you can still see the upper parts of the weopons and tell that they are there and that should help with the design adjustmenst for your warthog when you start on the interior. I hope this helps you in what I was talking about.</div>

Thanks for the pictures. I will see if i can lighten them up any today. I wasn't sure at first if i had downloaded the right video. Couldn't see it clearly.

I'm sorry about the pics, I took the pictures with an 2004 Sony digital camera and I couldn't get the pictues brightened enough from my flat screen tv, it was the best i could do. Also if you have the Halo Wars 2 disc original sound track, check out the second disk there are videos and more soundtracks including the video that has the images that I took pictures of for your warthog.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sr. Chief(Maverick) @ May 9 2009, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm sorry about the pics, I took the pictures with an 2004 Sony digital camera and I couldn't get the pictues brightened enough from my flat screen tv, it was the best i could do. Also if you have the Halo Wars 2 disc original sound track, check out the second disk there are videos and more soundtracks including the video that has the images that I took pictures of for your warthog.</div>

Speaking of the Halo soundtrack, you should wire up a hidden CD player so you can play halo music while you drive!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sr. Chief(Maverick) @ May 9 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm sorry about the pics, I took the pictures with an 2004 Sony digital camera and I couldn't get the pictues brightened enough from my flat screen tv, it was the best i could do. Also if you have the Halo Wars 2 disc original sound track, check out the second disk there are videos and more soundtracks including the video that has the images that I took pictures of for your warthog.</div>

I thank you for giving me these. Going to see if i can slow motion the video i have and see it better. May just decide to come up with my own custom interior. Still have a lot of open ground right now.

I am working on uploading a few more pictures to flicker and not posting them here. They are not pictures of my build but of reference pictures i have found and used for my own project. Most of the shots i am putting in there own album and they are "IN GAME" warthog. These have been collected here, there and everywhere of the course of the last few months in searching the net for good screen shots.

This is a little different look for the warthog i had ran across and forgot about until i ran across it to updating my photo reference book i am working on. The computer screen in the shop was getting old. Thought some of you might want to take a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back