Let The Madness Begin, Or My Warthog Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was designing warthog on the cad system at school me and a cuople of friends only built the sub fram then quit next year at school i wont be allowed to use it darn :mad:

Make sure it is street legal :)
Imagine the fun that could be had with that thing!

GMer56 said:

yeah... saturday morning... all is quiet, when... BOOM the garage door is blown off, and the warthog is off, blank machine gun blazing, scaring the early morning dog-walkers and joggers out of their minds... yeah, this sounds like a really cool project...

Last edited by a moderator:
AND ON TO THE UPDATES.

I had decided at work that the end was not how i needed it. So it got chopped off and redone, one side almost finished and the other side to do. The angle was way off the new one is only like 5 DEG off like the ft so unless you have your measuring stick out you aren't really going to notice it. So as like another part was a redo was in order and here it is. Once i get this side finished up and the other side done the same way i can start on the roof and the rear area inside.

3612438508_0ce2cca11b_o.jpg

3612438512_741b0073f3_o.jpg

3612438502_18298b0a14_o.jpg

3612438518_186effbde2_o.jpg

3612438526_fffd2849f0_o.jpg

More tomorrow, should have this and other side done, and started my bracing for the roof.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WitnessOfTruth @ May 30 2009, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This is quite impressive. Anyone else who called "gunner seat" ....sorry guys, it will be me cause I shall kill you before you get to it <devilish look> lol j/k.

Also, you must have one very understanding and supportive wife and/or girlfriend and/or hand and/or all of these combined lol :D .</div>

Not quite, short story, she cleaned out the bank account then ran off, just me and the 4 kids here now. Three of them all the time, i always have my hands full.

ADOR said:
Not quite, short story, she cleaned out the bank account then ran off, just me and the 4 kids here now. Three of them all the time, i always have my hands full.
Just imagine flyin down the packed highway With the airhorn buzzin :lol: :p :D

GMer56 said:

I am shooting for street legal, main reason for me going with the current frame. Only thing i am still waiting on word on is a certain amount of the blazer body has to be used, part of the fire wall and floor. So i will just have to cut and fit what i need when i find out how much. That is if i keep it titled as a blazer..

TODAY'S UPDATE
JUNE 10TH

Finished up the wedge for the passenger side and got the driver side cut out and the new one welded in. Took a while to get it all to line up right, but i finally got it. I started on the passenger side cutting the angle on the top part to continue with the line of the lower piece. Tomorrow i will be cutting and fitting the lower braces so i can start on the roof part. May get a chance to measure for the sides and do them first. Just have to see when i get to cutting and welding.

3614685919_76ceac3b27_o.jpg

3614685925_241ca65613_o.jpg

3614685931_dcf513ef29_o.jpg

salival462 said:
It's lookin good!! This beast is going to need a killer suspension set up.
Yeah, considering that the in game warthog seems to have full independent suspension.

TODAY'S UPDATE
JUNE 11TH

Today my work was cut short by having to get ready to take my oldest boy to karate. I still got my basic inner structure welded up today. I still want to add a few more braces to it but i can do it later. Still haven't gotten a chance to work on the roof any. Maybe tomorrow.

3617969838_acde0e8577_o.jpg

3617969850_2f50b3b480_o.jpg

3617969864_45fa9d8a15_o.jpg

salival462 said:
It's lookin good!! This beast is going to need a killer suspension set up.

Thanks. I plan on doing something more with the suspension when i upgrade axles on it. Going with a coil over and cantilever style suspension.

Didact said:
Yeah, considering that the in game warthog seems to have full independent suspension.

Can't have it all. The price it would take to get all of the electronics for the motors in each wheel and for the steering would be more then i will most likely have in this whole project. i am looking at 850 dollars right now so far for supplies and everything on what i have done. I am trying to have it looking respectable for under three grand.

Man do I want to see this thing finished. It's all looking very good. You might've already answered it, but What do you plan on using to cover the hog? I can assume that all this welding is starting to add up weight wise.

timonemycat said:
Man do I want to see this thing finished. It's all looking very good. You might've already answered it, but What do you plan on using to cover the hog? I can assume that all this welding is starting to add up weight wise.

It's still not as heavy as you think it would be. I covered it some, but still haven't fully decided yet on what to use. It looks like it's going to be a mix of ABS black plastic about 1/8 to 1/4" thick and composite foam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back