Let's Be Honest. Halo 3:odst Is *edit* Ok!

Did you Like ODST

• Yes it's incredible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes it's ok

• No it's disappointing

• I can't believe bungie wasted all that potential..

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair points: They can flip vehicles over, rip turrets off their bases and run/jump around with them, but can't dual wield even the smallest weapons. These things bug me as well, but the game isn't ruined forever because they made some breaks from reality. It's still a bloody video game. And a dang fun one at that. Vehicle flipping is a necessity for gameplay reasons (crappy drivers like me.), and they've said the only reason you can still pull turrets is because "it's just REALLY really fun". In my book, fun gameplay beats out ultrarealism any day.

this is the last thing I'll add only because I like readig webcomics an those of you who read Ctrl+Alt+dlt know this is awesome ^__^

20090930.jpg

so perfect.

ok carry on, i thought this was somewhat neccessary to the argument. the artist wasn't really impressed with ODST though, so i was ;n;

but i've already given my thoughts on how i feel about ODST a few pages back ^__^ enjoy

Yuki-Kedamono said:
this is the last thing I'll add only because I like readig webcomics an those of you who read Ctrl+Alt+dlt know this is awesome ^__^

20090930.jpg

so perfect.

ok carry on, i thought this was somewhat neccessary to the argument. the artist wasn't really impressed with ODST though, so i was ;n;

but i've already given my thoughts on how i feel about ODST a few pages back ^__^ enjoy

They did it wrong, but that's fine. Would have been much better with the YEEAAAHHHH frame, but whatever. Still lol'ed hard though.

Last edited by a moderator:
ODST was a fun game and a great storyline for the video game, considering it was going to be DLC that they expanded into a full game its actually really an impressive display. I know you're going to constantly have complaints (and on a Halo costuming site you're kind of screwed), but that's part of gaming.

I've seen alot of complaints on graphics, but give me a break. It's "Halo 3: ODST" key words there "Halo 3", the game was built off the Halo 3 engine and Bungie made as many updates to the engine as they could've. There are in-game mechanics that are a little frustrating such as the lack of Dual-wielding, solo-flipping of vehicles and the slightly too powerful character (will get into it). The story was really, really short which was unfortunate; and a little more team based missions besides the last three would've been enjoyable.

Overall though it was a good game for what it was. The ODSTs were still a little too powerful (Stamina replaced shields) although being able to be downed in a matter of seconds once your screen turned red was a good offset. Overall the complaints sounds the same and are coming from the same parties that disliked Halo 3 or had issues with the changes Bungie made from one game to another.

Put simply, if you dislike ODST you'll probably dislike Reach so you should just trade-in the game now. Just my two cents.

daftspartan said:
Correct me if I'm wrong... but I don't think an ODST should be able to flip an overturned warthog or rip a turret off its base so easily... That kinda ticked me off a little bit. They're just normal guys that are good at what they do, like SEALs, right? They're not bio-genetically enhanced super soldiers with crazy armor (i.e. Spartans). Like I said, correct me if I'm wrong, my Halo knowledge isn't all too extensive, but just my soap box. :(

Do you know how badly it would suck to not be able to flip a vehicle in Halo? The vehicles in the series have NEVER been known for their amazing traction.

I'm sure that feature was added to keep the game from sucking. That's one of the times where you have to say "f*** THE CANNON, THIS IS NOT FUN"

Why would they dislike Reach because they dislike ODST? They're (as of now) completely different animals as far as the franchise is concerned. I'm expecting Reach to be more like CE. What does that have to do with ODST? They're two different games.

Xalener im with you,like who doest want a portable turret with 200 bullets in it,standing still is not fun,jumping and running with a turret is kickass.

well. how bout this, "WE" all wanted a new halo, and we wanted it now, WE bitch to much about an expantion, WE wanted a full game so what does bungie does to all our bitching, they extended the DLC from a 5 hours game to a full game. I know it short, but is it? for Halo hardcore RAMBO style player, maybe it was, but it is not a linear game as the previews ones, halo 1 was really long, but still a linear game, the only exception is when you first land on halo, u need to look for survivors, after that, linear. HALO 2 linear all the way, but short, how come short, well, it has shorter maps, but more fight, unlike halo CE, you get to fight more covies and more often, and halo 3 again some maps are kind of short, and the long maps, well all the fight is in different spots, it looks more epic with vast open spaces, but not that much fight, but when you get to fight, thats where the fun is at, and the reason we love halo, killing covies. :)

so long story short, WE are at fault the games short, but non the less freaking awesome (own opinion) and because WE are use to playing halo WE can tackle the game fast, and most (not me included) try to finish the game as soon as possible, i do try, but i like to explore the area, im a achievement whore, sorry. :pi took my time to play the game, still i finish the game in about 5 hours, with some friends over live, the game was short that way, but we skip the videos, so i finish it again, (normal :p)now im legendary again, and i don't mind the lack of epicness as the previews game, but remember that this games was originally a DLC (keyword) so if you don't like the game, my only smart question is, why did you bought it? and if your answer is that you just bought it because of "HALO" well, thats your mistake, theres halo wars, and some of my friends halo fan, didn't bother renting, or even playing when i brought it over.

bottom line is, if you don't like the game you bought, return it, or sell it, either way, you don't need to like it just for the brand name, and don't complain that is too short, too long, lack of BR, no MCdon't like visr, or brutes too hard to kill 'em now, enjoy the game for its greatest, flaws, me, im just happy i got more halo, not as much as i wish i got but better than non. so please, stop bitching, besides, this forums is about armor making, not game reviews. :p

PS. It is still a DLC.

PS. tacos Rule!!!!

I won't lie, I'm glad they could flip vehicles too, because God knows I would have been walking a lot otherwise lol. I was just like "He shouldn't be able to do that... but thank goodness he can..." haha!

I just LOVED Halo ODST! Aside from a few little hiccups here and there the story was really good, especially in combination with the substory you get after finding the 30 audio logs. After watching all the logs I found that there were lots of subtle references to them all over the game which really added depth to the story when I went through it again. The music was awesome, too (gotta get the soundtrack!)

I really could babble alllll day about how much I loved the game and want the guy who wrote 'Ghosts of Onyx' to write character developmental books based on Halo ODST and how much I loved hearing Adam Baldwin say just about anything and how I wanna write a juicy ODST fanfic involving me, Dutch and a spacious two-seater drop-pod with a faulty release hatch BUT..... I won't bore anyone with my ramblings. ;)

Oh yeah, the gameplay was sweet too...

:cool

I think that for an expansion it was amazing, but as a full on game is was kind of lacking. Still worth the 60 dollars? Maybe. Borrowing it for 5-6 hours to finish the campaign from a friend? Priceless.

ODST was a good enough game, yes, the flaws where there and it was short, but it was sweet, and a hell of a ride. They could do better but im not really complaining :). i payed 110$ for the game (limited edition) and it was more than worth it and i would do it again.

I like people to have opinions on games but when that game gets attacked even if its a game i don't like i get REALLY ANGRY, The hate between gamers and their games is a MAJOR problem with the gaming community. the name FANBOY sends me through the roof lol, its accurate its just always used BAD.( this wasn't directed to anyone here)

Sad to say (being on a Halo based forum and all...) but ODST was the first Halo game I actually completed

the campaign on.

What you say? yep, It's true. For me the bigggest hate point about the Halo series is the Flood. I hate the flood.

Let's waste a million rounds of ammo to run twenty feet... and run out... and die. Over. And over. And over.

Now granted, the Brutes in ODST are super hard (especially on higher difficulty settings), but over all I completely

enjoyed the game and have been enjoying 4 player co-op campaign as well as firefight. Haven't even put the

second multiplayer disc in the xbox yet. :)

I think the campaign could have been a bit longer (It's not Mass Effect after all...) but I really

liked the game and feel it was worth the investment.

ForgedReclaimer said:
ODST was a good enough game, yes, the flaws where there and it was short, but it was sweet, and a hell of a ride. They could do better but im not really complaining :) . i payed 110$ for the game (limited edition) and it was more than worth it and i would do it again.

I like people to have opinions on games but when that game gets attacked even if its a game i don't like i get REALLY ANGRY, The hate between gamers and their games is a MAJOR problem with the gaming community. the name FANBOY sends me through the roof lol, its accurate its just always used BAD.( this wasn't directed to anyone here)

Lol, I'm a Fanboy, and proud of it!

Decent game, I personally had fun with both single player and co-op. I mean it wasn't Arkham Asylum but it was still a great experience.

ODST was special due to the fact that you could run faster than chief and walk with a turret faster than chief( so it seemed),but firefight is epic,choose Alpha site,make sure youre in a team of 4,form a cross ways,one person pointing at each direction and then go in that direction,since you'll have 2 members on each side,back up is easy,though i would recommend All 4 at the front since thats where they come from,and if you're overwhelmed back into the center and release fire,if you're seriously OVERWHELMED,then go on and back up to the back,which is not a good idea,but good for luring chieftains to their death,once they come around the corner,SHAZAM,and melee them in the back.For the Hunters,get 1 person with good aim,and balls to grab the rocket once they come out(You will still protect him),and back up to the back,then make it like he's not around then when both hunters are together(side by side) ONE shot should take them out,if not,unload one more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back