Lets Get 7 Billion Kills By 7/7/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya know, i might just ask my friend can i go to his house to use his connection so i can be part of this. its super nerdtacular but hey, im making armour from a computer game outa paper, i might as well go the whole hog.

Roodkill said:
So what do we get when we finish 7his off?
The satisfaction of knowing we got 7 billion kills
as a community? Or perhaps being 7he person to get THE
7 Billionth Kill for Bungie? Where is 7his leading to?

Satisfaction to know you gave something back to the community and to Bungie.. even if it's just bragging rights for Bungie to say.. look at THIS appreciation.. they did THIS for us.

its super nerdtacular but hey, im making armour from a computer game outa paper, i might as well go the whole hog.
LOL!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Chuck-126 said:
I'm happy to see that they're encouraging people to play the campaign. In my opinion, it's by far the best part of the game, and too often you'll take a look at someone's service record and see that they haven't even attempted the campaign. It's a shame, if you ask me.
I agree that its a shame when people don't play the campaign because IMO the Halo story is by far one of the best game stories ever created but the multiplayer is the braun of the game. Really even forge and theater are mostly for multiplayer. Halo 3 without Live is like a brothel without sex!

Roodkill said:
So what do we get when we finish 7his off?
The satisfaction of knowing we got 7 billion kills
as a community? Or perhaps being 7he person to get THE
7 Billionth Kill for Bungie? Where is 7his leading to?

lol, that was pretty clever.
i think all we get out of it is the awesome games they make for us?

lol, i dunno, but i doubt theyre gonna go round paying people to do it or give out recon.

Nope.. no registration needed.. you just have to be logged in to Xbox live while doing it.

Were's less than 100,000,000 away now.. this is totally acheivable if ya'll do it.. everyone you know that plays.. at least like an hours worth of play "Crows Nest Bravo" for the best kills per minute.

3 days left folks.. go crazy with it and spread the word on your friendslists or we wont make it.

Of course if you don't LIKE Halo, the Halo campaign, Bungie, or the Halo community, then don't bother to do your part.. it's your call. We'll still try and do it anyways.

I added some more today and told everyone I played in matchmaking about it. Hopefully we'll get there. I'll be playing again until Monday.

Anyone have a message already written out i could forward t people?
Recent Players FTW!
My GT is I L0LD

ugg.. not enough people participating.. We have to do almost 3 times as many kills today to stay on the daily quota. It can still be done, but I sure wish today was "x4 kills day".

Today, we'll really see how much effort folks are willing to give for Bungie. I suspect it won't be enough, unless more folks are brought on-board. I know that personally, I did what I could when I could, and for those of your participating, that's all that can be expected. Real life forced this to take a backseat some days, but at least I contributed when I could.

I just wish my friendly kills counted lol

Anyways, good job to those who participated, and good luck to those of use who will try today and maybe even try tomorrow.. but with the new map coming in tomorrow, I don't think we stand much of a chance at this point. Far too many people want to take now, rather than give now and take later.

*Update*
Well.. looks like folks are smashing the Bungie servers.. we somehow lost 10,000,000 kills this morning and then gain 100,000,000!?

Just over 73 million to go! Don't do matchmaking, do campaign. Take one hour of your day today and keep at Crow's Nest - Rally Point Bravo. Quick run and decent kills.

I'll try after I finish watching some TV. Maybe a few hours of RPB on Crow's Nest, maybe more/less.

I'm pulling an all-nighter, so...

Do you know If we got to our goal?? Me and my little bro were playing campain the entire week, I was just helping him beat legendary but hey, I still helped out right??? We played through almost the entire campain a couple times this past week, so I think we helped add a couple thousand

Each of the near 60,000 people online right now, need to aquire almost 1,300 kills to reach the goal.

hang on, ive just been told that all the kills i build up off-line wont update the servers when i go back online, is this true?
if so i just waisted about 8 hours

(ive memorised all the phrases on crows nests ive played it so much: "if i try to hook up a timer it might go off all by it's self." "Johnson, you might wanna put that out. Cheif, take a look. a little going away present..." etc. etc. etc.)

EDIT: bdw, i dont know if youve noticed but valhalla has the seventh column symbol on the wall and rocks. (ya know, where the pics pf tombstones appear on halo-ween)

Well, I've done total 57 Campaign missions since getting the game. That has racked me up about 7,500 kills. If I were to try and get 1000 kills today, it would probably take me about 8 missions to do so. I'd say if everyone online right now played through campaign on Heroic 2.5 times with two people, it could be done by tonight, easily. Problem is campaign gets old.

Well, just checking the totals online now. Since there are 120,000, everyone only needs 600-700 kills each now.

120,000 * 650 = 78,000,000

78,000,000 + 6,939,694,585 = 7,017,694,585

Today's goal is 115,199,178 kills.. Considering we've been averaging about 14,000,000 a day since the push started, I don't see any hope for making it happen by the deadline.

I hope Bungie takes note of this and says.. "Ok.. so next time.. if we're a little late in shipping a title when we promised, just remember how late you were on this one before you start biatchin at us."

Well.. if nothing else, we will reach 7 Billion kills sooner than we would have otherwise.. yeah, that's semingly "nothing" but that's all this was from the very beginning, right? :)

I'm sure Bungie is appreciative of the gesture, regardless of how well it did, or didn't do. I have to assume that our kills per day must have increased dramatically at least.

I've got 7,000 kills which isn't a whole lot, but if 999,999 other people had done exactly that, we'd be there by now. heh..

It was a tall order, and it just hasn't been filled yet. Hopefully it was as fun for ya'll as it was for me, and I hope someone rescued that hog in Crows nest while getting their kills.. I tried, but kept killing the marines myself. Check out this guy's try: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5il6fP93SM

I also hope someone noticed how effective those machine gun turrets are against drones. :)

It's all good, Happy Bungie day ya'll :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back