Letter To A4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikaru

Hi,

I'm not sure where exactly to post this, but I hope this is the right place.

I've built several pepakura projects before but not to the right scale, so I have experience in that.

I've downloaded the Mark VI high detail helmet by FLYINGSQUIRL from the Wiki page, when I open it into Pepakura the paper type is set to Letter (I use A4). Do I change it to A4 and keep it to landscape? What about the side top/bottom margins? Also, is the default size of that helmet Master Chief's original size or scaled down to an average human scale?

On the wiki page it has a link to the A4 version on 4shared.com but the file has been removed.

Thanks,

Hikaru

Technically, letter will print on A4 but it's best to change it to A4 (margins set to 5mm). The pageset doesn't matter - it could be landscape or portrait.

As for the size itself: it's scaled for a normal human but you may need to scale it a little to your own head - usually only by +/- 1CM.

i had this same problem, yes its human scale ad currently about 270mm hight so i scaled it up to 300mm so i can put extras inside, as crucible said, set margins to 5mm, this means you can get more pieces per sheet

Alright, cool.

Where exactly would I enter my scale here in the below picture? I understand how to work out your scale, but I don't know how to use the formula with the program. For example, the original Master Chief size is 86", how would I find out the current size of FLYINGSQUIRL's helmet?

f_Capturem_9fb4d9e.jpg

Thanks.

Hikaru said:
Alright, cool.

Where exactly would I enter my scale here in the below picture? I understand how to work out your scale, but I don't know how to use the formula with the program. For example, the original Master Chief size is 86", how would I find out the current size of FLYINGSQUIRL's helmet?

f_Capturem_9fb4d9e.jpg

Thanks.

Flying Squirl's helmet is built using the height as a measure, The best way to get the scale is to get a ruler and measure the height of your head, from the bottom of your chin to the top of your head, add 1cm or 2 cm to allow for padding and put that value into the height box. i.e. If you measure your head at 26cm, add 2cm = 28cm = 280mm
So into the height box you would put 280 and Pep automatically works out the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I may be silly but I just realized that height in the image which is a screen shot is mispelled. Sorry back on topic.

Thanks for the help everyone. One more question, which piece of the helmet do you think I should start working from?

Hikaru said:
Thanks for the help everyone. One more question, which piece of the helmet do you think I should start working from?

I think most people start with the jaw and work from there, but I haven't done the MK VI so I'm not really sure ^-^

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back