Linda-058 fan art

Status
Not open for further replies.

L05T V1K1N6

So I've been working on this for awhile now and while I still haven't gotten to the background yet, I finally feel like it's good enough to show off.
Sorry for the bad quality, but my scanner is broken so I had to take this with my phone and then try to touch it up with Photobucket. If my scanner ever gets fixed or replaced, I'll put up a better picture.

0707101735-00.jpg

Let me know what you think =D

Woah...
sorry blanked out there...
Dude this is just amazing, that is almost exactly how I pictured Linda when I read the book

I LOVE the proportions. Her head almost looks tiny, compared to her massive armor. Sniper's damn good.

Perspective and all, and that MkVI looks great. The only detractor is, really, the fact it's a MkVI. Linda only ever got to the MkV, as I recall. (I'm a canon Nazi)

However, artistically, that is an amazing work, man. I'm diggin' it.

I LOVE the proportions. Her head almost looks tiny, compared to her massive armor. Sniper's damn good.

Perspective and all, and that MkVI looks great. The only detractor is, really, the fact it's a MkVI. Linda only ever got to the MkV, as I recall. (I'm a canon Nazi)

However, artistically, that is an amazing work, man. I'm diggin' it.

I agree. (I too am a canon Nazi) I actually wanted to draw the MkV how it looks in Reach, but I didn't have sufficient reference pictures from the angle I wanted to draw, so I just went with the MkVI. Aslo, even though it's never directly stated in Ghosts of Onyx, I guess I just assumed that all the other Spartans that were at Earth around the same time the Chief was -including Linda- recieved the new MkVI.

I also really want to draw the scene from the end of First Strike where Linda is hanging upside down giving Blue Team cover fire, and the scene from Ghosts of Onyx where she's preparing to snipe the Sentinels.

Nice! i love doing this stuff too! the only problem i have with anyone who does anything with art for other spartans from John 117's class is that they always give them civilian style hair. In the animateD HALO LEGENDS they gave kelly a pony tail and the other three dread locks and long hair. i've read the books and the spartans always have short military regulation hair cuts. i just have an OCD about that kinda stuff if its not exact;y how its described in a book or other writing. otherwise its really good. :)

Nice! i love doing this stuff too! the only problem i have with anyone who does anything with art for other spartans from John 117's class is that they always give them civilian style hair. In the animateD HALO LEGENDS they gave kelly a pony tail and the other three dread locks and long hair. i've read the books and the spartans always have short military regulation hair cuts. i just have an OCD about that kinda stuff if its not exact;y how its described in a book or other writing. otherwise its really good. :)

True, and those liberties they took in Halo: Legends were way off, but as I recall in one of the novels (I believe it was First Strike) it states that Linda "flipped a strand of red hair out of her face" which implies her hair was at least eye-length and the fact that she was a "lone wolf" Spartan and somewhat of a renegade could possibly suggest that she wore her hair in a style against regulations.

Pure conjecture, mind you :p

Also, I'd like to mention I based Linda's face off of the lovely and badass Milla Jovovich's likeness :$

Yeah man, also, i think it mentioned one of the other spartan IIIs that saluted kurt in ghost of onix had hair "slightly longer than regulation length".
But some of the legends changes were freaking terrible. Grunts with green blood? come on! Or Brutes being the dominant soldiers on a ship controlled by elites...
Or SMGs that fire well over the 60 bullet limit before reloading (or on a lesser note ejecting shells from caseless rounds).

they definately should have fact checked...
but nice drawing man, keep it up!

Or, a young, blonde Halsey <_<

But enough of that, looks sweet man, can't wait to see it with the background in!

I agree. (I too am a canon Nazi) I actually wanted to draw the MkV how it looks in Reach, but I didn't have sufficient reference pictures from the angle I wanted to draw, so I just went with the MkVI. Aslo, even though it's never directly stated in Ghosts of Onyx, I guess I just assumed that all the other Spartans that were at Earth around the same time the Chief was -including Linda- recieved the new MkVI.

I also really want to draw the scene from the end of First Strike where Linda is hanging upside down giving Blue Team cover fire, and the scene from Ghosts of Onyx where she's preparing to snipe the Sentinels.

haha, i'm kinda a cannon nazi too :p but you're right about her actually recieving the mk 6, if you look real close on the ghosts of onyx front page, you can see a spartan (probably kelly, maybe will or fred) with mk 6, only problem is there is also a spartan in mk 5, but niether of these figures have a sniper, so they couldn't be linda, for all we know could have gungir armor! lol jks, but maybe..

The Spartan with the Mk V is Kelly, and I'm pretty sure the Mk VI in the background is either Will or Fred.

Heck yeah dude, looks great! I can't draw worth beans (and I work at taco bell that means less than zero) so most anything that doen't look retarted is great to me but I really like this picture the scaling looks good there isn't some crazy over-the-top blowing hair it just looks like it could be real (besides the fact it's cartoon) Nice job man! nice job.

And I may be the only one to see this but she looks like kim possible if she were a BAMF spartan XD just sayin

The Spartan with the Mk V is Kelly, and I'm pretty sure the Mk VI in the background is either Will or Fred.
the person in SPI is Kurt-051

the person in Mk.VI is Fred-104

the person iin Mk.V is Kelly-087

about the Mk.VI on Fred.. he only had an upgraded motion tracker that had almost the same advancements as the Mk.VI's motion tracker but not a full suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back