Linda Armour Build - Halo 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambii

I promised myself to do smaller foam builds after my Titan one but oh well :p

So far I have the shins near completion and I'm templating up the thighs (I'm using Master Chief ones as a base).
IMG_3567.JPG IMG_3801.JPG

Last edited:
I like your shins, everything seems really detailed and well made so far.
I like the mixing of the 6mm? sheets with the floor mats. They seem to allow more detail but are they as strong?

Nice!
I've wanted to do Linda's armor for my sister(who has red hair and kind of looks like her) since I first saw it. Too bad she's not a halo fan :(

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Looking good so far. Have fun with the build, look foreword to seeing it progress.

Nice!
I've wanted to do Linda's armor for my sister(who has red hair and kind of looks like her) since I first saw it. Too bad she's not a halo fan :(

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Looking good so far. Have fun with the build, look foreword to seeing it progress.

Thanks guys for the support! I've been so busy with study I only got a little bit done in the last week, but I'm trying to schedule my work and hopefully have a few hours each week to build!

I'm baaaaack

So I've got a few updates:
  • My boots are 100% built and 50% base coat painted. I wanted to test how the primary colour would look without the weathering but because of the humidity they ended sticking together and some of the paint peeled off. So I took that opportunity to test my weathering base. I will link the file used for them once the archive is up and running properly.
  • IMG_2339.JPG
  • Shins are finally 100% built as well and I've only applied 1 coast of the base paint so far as I'm leaving a longer drying time to avoid the peeling issue from my boots.
  • IMG_2340.JPG
  • Knees are 100% built, with just a little clean up needed. I free handed these ones, I can show the template I made if anyone needs it
  • IMG_2341.JPG
  • I had previously started the thighs with a free hand, but scrapped them and started again because I know I can build them better after a year
  • IMG_2342.JPG

Nicely done.......a little here...a little there and before you know it.....All done!!!! Great job.

ok so some updates on my armour:
  1. I had to rebuild my thighs bc I scaled them too big
  2. I'm figuring out how to make snack pockets
here's a lil break down on the details on my thighs:
  • this is a laid out view of the side detail
  • IMG_2567.JPG
  • I start attaching everything to the built thigh from the red piece up
  • IMG_2570.JPG
  • it was a lot of it was burning my fingers as I held awkward bit of foam in place
  • IMG_2571.JPG
  • IMG_2577.JPG
  • IMG_2565.JPG IMG_2569.JPG
  • and yeah I know the purple piece of foam in on backwards but I stuffed up and trying to take it off would ruin the piece below it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back