LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping to get ALL of the LED's in place today.

The computer, Cortana, has one issue to be worked out. Placement! There is not quite enough room on the inside of the torso. That depends upon which notebook I use. There are a few places on the exterior that I am considering:
- Lower back, below the torso
- On the back of the torso. I'll disguise her as some sort of prop/weapon and magnetize her to the back.
- On the lower front, under the ab plate.
- Or I can take the notebook apart and distribute the components on the inside of the torso. I am a computer tech with lots of notebook experience.

Cortana will serve a few functions:
- Power the 4 USB speaker system
- Act as a PA for the Helmet Mic
- Play MP3's. I have all 3 Halo sound tracks and more.
- I'll turn on and add voice activated commands. Such as: "Cortana." (Yes Chief) "Play tunes" (Yes Chief) <music plays>.
- I'll move the volume controls from the speakers to a more easier location on the lower side part of the chest.
- I can add voice changing apps for the mic.
- I can add a webcam to the inisde of the helm (behind the visor and looking out) and record what the helm is pointed at. There's room.
- Lot's of possiblities.

But that will be for another day!

Time to start the last day of work!

Cheers!

That is SICK!! Holy cow, dude! You gotta do tut's and stuff for how you're doing all of that, so we can try to reach the same kind of epicness and your amazing DJ Chief! Hope all goes well, and let us know how your public runs go!

Quick update!

Yes I'm taking pics. Just not time to post them (yet)

Other than the dual visor, mic and cam... THE HELM IS DONE! I'll post pics later

Strapping has been glassed. Just need make some slots in the under suit armor for the webbing to slip through.

AB Plate is installed and has some freedom to swing.

All that is left are the LED's for the torso and the shoulders.

Need lunch! Then back to work!

OK... got almost all of this thing done.
All that's left to do is the LED's for the Shoulder pieces... I'm saving those for the LED Tutorial.

I am now going to put on the full suit and take some full body pics.

OMG! I am seriously excited!

Cheers!

Hey Longshot I just wanna say amazing job so far I love all the extra miles stuff you do with the speakers and such. One question though, I noticed earlier in a post there were 2 fans in a pic with your helmet (i think) I was just wondering were you using one to blow out air and one to suck in air? or both to suck in air?

FINISHED for the release of REACH

Considered FINISHED for the purposes of the "Halo Reach" release!
No words need to be said... Just enjoy the pics and let me know what you think.

SUPER DUPER CHEERS... ANOTHER SPARTAN is BORN! "Spartan LONGSHOT-X"

img00013047.jpg

img00013049.jpg

img00013051.jpg

img00013052.jpg

img00013054.jpg

img00013058.jpg

img00013060.jpg

More pics comming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eekeek:eekeek:eekeek:eekeek:eek there are words that could help me express the sheer awesomeness of that suit but i should not say them in public :D

you sir, are amazing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back