Looking for MC costume!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitbull117

I am looking for an MC costume. Please email me if anyone knows where to find one or can make one for me.
Thanks all.
Sincerely,
Pitbull117

And I think everyone here would agree, don't get a rubies. You're more than likely going to just have to make one. Because EVEN if you could buy one, a MC suit is very very user specific. If you had to try and buy one, only place I would suggest is ebay, but again, its just not going to fit you like it should. All in all, they really aren't that hard to make either, just a little here and there and you'll be done before you know it.

But dont think you can get it done before halloween. it takes a minimum of a month to finish, and thats with no brakes. I started my build in August and I am cutting it close.

Thank you all for your replies! I love checking out all these cool builds- the talent on these forums is unbelievable! And, thank you for pointing me in the right direction; I have neither the talent nor the time (my Wife recently passed away and I am now a single dad to a 4yr old girl).

What little I can offer to these forums is mechanical knowledge/ weapons knowledge (I was a technician in the Navy Seabees before I became an SMI- Seabee Military Instructor).

As far as 'glass work: I'll build an engine/transmission/brake, fuel, air, coolant, electrical, or suspension system; but body work is a no-go :(
If anyone has an incomplete set or even a complete one, please let me know.

Thank you all again.

Sincerely,
Pitbull117

Hey man, I both thank you for your service to this country, and I am very sorry for your loss. That's really too bad. I'm very sorry buddy.

But as for armor, your best bet is to try and find a used rubies set of armor on ebay. I've seen them go for pretty low, like $300 or so, so if you're not too set on detail or accuracy, that's the way to go. Making armor is time consuming especially if you're away from home a lot (mine took 6 months with working on the suit full time 2-3 days a week). But like I say to people; if I can do it, anybody can do it. I have no tech background like some people on here but I got my suit done. It all comes down to how fast you want it done, or how much time do you want to spend making your perfect suit. But then again, I'm sure there's people on here willing to sell their suits or copies of their suits..... either way I wish you luck in your build if you choose to build a suit OR I hope you can find a real score on ebay ,like I said I've seen some good ones!)

-Matt H

Thanks, Matt, for your kind words.

I think I'm going to lean towards the eBay option- the Rubies one is ok, but the biceps plates are too small and the helmet is a bit out-of-proportion (though the under-armor part doesn't look too bad).

As for the $300.00 part- I'm willing to pay $1,500.00-$2,500.00 if the armor looks good enough so if anyone wants to offload a set they no longer need, my email address is forrestparham@bellsouth.net.

Thank you all very much.

Sincerely,
Pitbull117

Dude, for that price range, forge rubies!!! I've seen armor on there that is AWESOME!!!! If I find some ill pm it to you!!

Matt,
That would be awesome if you can put your feelers out there and find one. I'd love to get one before Halloween; there's a big costume party one of my good friends and his wife are hosting and my twin brother is thowing a Halo birthday party at the end of this month, as well. If you or anyone can find one, I'll even throw in a $50.00 finder's fee for incentive (I already know about the ones on eBay) if I end up buying it.
Thanks again for all your help.
Sincerely,
Pitbull117

There are some guys that post on Youtube that sale a MC kit. I don't know if they are members of the 405th and I don't know the quality of the product.

Hey pitbull I saw this video on youtube.
(Hope it works, I sent it from my phone...)
Video is kinda old. Watch it and send him an email. Wouldn't hurt I guess....

-Matt H

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the process of remaking my suit, but I still have my original cardboard suite.
masterchiefold.jpg

I am using it a s a rough draft, but once I finish the new one I was planning on probably throwing it out. I won't be completely done with it for a few months, but if you want it you can have it. It will need to be fixed with hot glue in a few places, a new visor, and some touch up paint, but other than that it works great. Shoes, gloves and the belt will not be included. PM me if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back