Looky whats on teh drive way

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoBfrost

This isnt mine, but my fathers, we are both scion xB fans and have been looking for a new xB for him to drive for say 2-3 months (seriously looking to buy, not just looking at pics)

We fought long and hard with a cadilac dealer who had this car sit in their dealer untouched for months, after going there 4 times and asking for a lowered price, they said no, finally, they lowered it to 13,900 dollars, the car is worth 18 when bought brand new with all of it's features on. The car has 5000 miles on it, so really it's brand new, 2005. An old rich guy bought the car before and traded it in for a cadiliac, he claimed it was a toy for him to use and toss away quickly.

IMG_1324.jpg

So far after riding in the car with my father only twice, tons of people stop us, pull down their windows at red lights, or stop what they are doing and ask or compliment about the car, we went to a midas shop to have the muffler silenced and everyone dropped their tools and crowded to look at the car, then a guy at pep boys auto store freaked out screaming "SWEEETTTT RIDE MAN"

Yellow boxes are teh secks.

It's got :

Fog lights
Spoiler
Aluminum rims
turn signals on mirrors
vinyl side graphics
after market tail lights
rear textured bumper protector
Security system
Scion floor mats
Cargo liner
Sound system
Custom DC sports muffler

All these for $13,900 when the car at base model brand new in 2005 sold for 15,000. The car only had 5000 miles on it so it was brand new.....

We got a deaaallll.

That car is as ugly as sin.

I'm sorry, but it really is. It looks horrible. It's a box with a hood smacked onto the front, and it probably has the fuel efficiency of a brick. That's even before I get onto the color scheme of it.

It's just my opinion. It's really great you have a new car, and I'll support any enthusiasm you may have.... however. What happened to the days when a car was a means with which to travel and looks were a secondary matter? As far as I'm concerned, a car should be purely functional - a means with which to get from Point A to Point B, as efficiently as possible.

AoBfrost said:
This isnt mine, but my fathers, we are both scion xB fans and have been looking for a new xB for him to drive for say 2-3 months (seriously looking to buy, not just looking at pics)

We fought long and hard with a cadilac dealer who had this car sit in their dealer untouched for months, after going there 4 times and asking for a lowered price, they said no, finally, they lowered it to 13,900 dollars, the car is worth 18 when bought brand new with all of it's features on. The car has 5000 miles on it, so really it's brand new, 2005. An old rich guy bought the car before and traded it in for a cadiliac, he claimed it was a toy for him to use and toss away quickly.

IMG_1324.jpg

So far after riding in the car with my father only twice, tons of people stop us, pull down their windows at red lights, or stop what they are doing and ask or compliment about the car, we went to a midas shop to have the muffler silenced and everyone dropped their tools and crowded to look at the car, then a guy at pep boys auto store freaked out screaming "SWEEETTTT RIDE MAN"

Yellow boxes are teh secks.
*hu-ugly* oh im sorry :whistle: its just kinda sliped out

Last edited by a moderator:
Primal Weyland said:
That car is as ugly as sin.
I'm sorry, but it really is. It looks horrible. It's a box with a hood smacked onto the front, and it probably has the fuel efficiency of a brick. That's even before I get onto the color scheme of it.

It's just my opinion. It's really great you have a new car, and I'll support any enthusiasm you may have.... however. What happened to the days when a car was a means with which to travel and looks were a secondary matter? As far as I'm concerned, a car should be purely functional - a means with which to get from Point A to Point B, as efficiently as possible.
if bricks get 40 miles to a gallon of gas, I'd drive one, but sadley they dont have wheels, and since this one does, it's alot better than a brick. So far we average 35-40 mpg on city/highway driving. If it's constant stop and go on a bad day, 30mpg is the worst.

AoBfrost said:
if bricks get 40 miles to a gallon of gas, I'd drive one, but sadley they dont have wheels, and since this one does, it's alot better than a brick. So far we average 35-40 mpg on city/highway driving. If it's constant stop and go on a bad day, 30mpg is the worst.

I was speaking purely of the aesthetic characteristics of your car. It looks highly undesirable, and in most British cities your car would not be admired, but ridiculed.

However, if the fuel economy of the vehicle is efficient enough, then I may be willing to look past the fact that your car has the aerodynamic and aesthetic appeal of a brick.

Well here in the USA, so far everyone loves the car, the car is sold by toyota in england as the BB, it's the same car, so if it sells well according to toyota in england, lots of happy BB owners must really enjoy the car.

AoBfrost said:
Well here in the USA, so far everyone loves the car, the car is sold by toyota in england as the BB, it's the same car, so if it sells well according to toyota in england, lots of happy BB owners must really enjoy the car.

I haven't seen a single one. Until today I hadn't even heard of it, and none of the local Toyota stockists run that model.

Huh....My friend in england owns one......................and I've been reading online at scion forums that people in england own them.

AoBfrost said:
Huh....My friend in england owns one......................and I've been reading online at scion forums that people in england own them.

I don't dispute that these vehicles are sold in the UK - merely, that no stockist in my area sells them. As I said above: I don't like the car, but I won't make a fuss for those that do. If you like it, that's nice. But it seems to me that the car is something of an amusement - a gimmick.

I think those who drive the Toyota bb in england import them from a nearby European country that does sell them, this is sold in some European countries. Also, they don't sell this car in Canada either, too much competition for Toyota, they don't sell a lot of small 4 door cars in the US or Canada just because there wouldn't be that large of a market for them, cant wait to see what Canadians think of the car.

i think these cars sell good in america, cause there not a lot of small cars around and fuel efficiency is good. and they have lots of parts so you can modified them aesthetic wise.
in europe most of the cars are small, scion/toyota is competing with big names like vw, peugeot, renault, fiat etc.
scion as a car is not bad at all actually, especially if you live in new york, where parking spots are like virgins in a whore house. :)
now the specific car.....im not a big fan of tricked out cars im sorry. personally i prefer to get a vw golf, i think both they are in the same price range if bought new of course!
but since is yours and not mine, and you seem to like it, have fun buddy, and drive safe. by the way whats the hp on that car?

its not about the chasis, its about what's under the hood, he could change the chasis if he wanted to.

I like the paint job btw!

Heh can i say thats gotta be japanese!!!!!!
but.............. i dont like color and the stuff thats been aded eather.
If it was say blue id like.

A VW gold cost 18/19k base, the old xb model cost 14,5k base, the 80 year old guy who tricked this ride out before us jacked the price to 18k, the HP right now with all mods is 140HP, standard it's 110hp. The muffler gave us some HP, while the cold air intake did too.

AoBfrost said:
It's got :

Fog lights
Spoiler
Aluminum rims
turn signals on mirrors
vinyl side graphics
after market tail lights
rear textured bumper protector
Security system
Scion floor mats
Cargo liner
Sound system
Custom DC sports muffler

All these for $13,900 when the car at base model brand new in 2005 sold for 15,000. The car only had 5000 miles on it so it was brand new.....

We got a deaaallll.

You definitely got deal with that one, now if only I had the money and could find a similar deal on the car that I like. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back