Props M6C/socom Conversion Kit (Lots Of Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brought the file over to be printed today. Unfortunately the connection between the computer and the printer is acting up again. Supposedly it was working just fine yesterday, and now the computer is saying it can't find or connect to the printer. It also has a warning message about a missing file, telling us to reinstall it. So we had the district IT guy reinstall it, still no luck. My teacher is getting in contact with the company that makes the printer to either fix the problem or get some new software.

So who knows when that will be done. At least the model doesn't have an errors though, we got to check that. Estimated build time was 36 hours though, due to having to put of the front of the gun on the plate vertically. It was just about half an inch too long to fit on the tray laying down.

The original has been painted and it's final layer is drying right now. I didn't fully paint the slide, since I know it won't work, so I left it with the metallic paint for now. I painted the parts in 2 layers. The first being the metallic coat, then a black coat over that. Honestly though I think my spray painting sucks, it looks uneven and I missed a few spots.

I tested the metallic spray paint on a clear plastic Desert Eagle pistol. The finish looked pretty good, so I then painted the parts.

This morning I spray painted the pieces black.

Tomorrow I'll be using it during an airsoft night game, lets hope it works well.

Just got back from using the M6C at CQB City's night game. The pistol worked wonders, I can't even keep track of how many kills I got with it inside the killhouse. I think I took down more people with the pistol in the 3rd round than I did with my MP5A4. During that round they turned the lights off, and my helmet cam was acting up. I did get some footage of it during the 2nd round, but the low light conditions make it almost impossible to see. I'll try my best to get some footage out of it that will let you see it.

The small LED light I have inside the pistol actually wasn't that bad. For up to 20 feet it was good at lighting someone up, about the range I was using that pistol. It's amazing how well it lights someone up wearing Army ACU, makes them look like a lightbulb. I also took out 2 of the special ops guys during the 4th round using nothing but the pistol. Once again the light really helped to clear that room in the pitch black of the warehouse.

Overall I am very satisfied with the M6C kit. Despite not having the slide installed it was still great and was actually an improvement to my pistol. Only downside is it barely fits inside of my Tornado holster. If it was any larger I'd need to use a MP7 holster.

I'll try to get some assembled pictures of the kit soon. Video may be done by the end of the week, depending on how much free time I have.

Here's some pictures of the final product. I'd take pictures outside, but it's sort of dark by the time I get out of school. I can try to get some tomorrow since class is canceled.

dsc0002as.jpg

With flash on. Notice the jagged side surface on the lower half. This is due to the 3D printer printing in layers.

dsc0004u.jpg

dsc0007sq.jpg

The gun took a hit the other night, got shot by another guy from less than 20 feet or so with a pistol. The silver layer of paint still remains, looks like my idea worked.

dsc0008ra.jpg

Working light, it's not nearly as bright as it's shown here in the picture. Only good for up to 20 feet at most.

dsc0019u.jpg

DUDE that's just EPIC! it looks great in every angle i see it! the little line of the layer is something small and can't be seen unless you search for it...now i can just imagine someone wearing a full ODST costume with one of these is hand.... ;)

ARMYofONE2469 said:
Its missing the Long Clip. ;) SCHWEET progress.

Nobody has released the extended mags for Hicapa series pistols yet, although WE is suppose to be coming out with one. Might be a tad too long though. Anyways, extended mags normally get in the way when you holster the pistol, and have a tendency to release themselves if the holster gets bumped against something. Next thing you know you draw the pistol only to find your mag has dropped out and landed who knows where.

mag_we_cqbmaster_52.jpg

So I may or may not thing about getting one. If my pistol ever needs to becomes my primary gun, then yes I will buy them. But until then I'm saving up for another rifle.

Last edited by a moderator:
beni5o said:
DUDE that's just EPIC! it looks great in every angle i see it! the little line of the layer is something small and can't be seen unless you search for it...now i can just imagine someone wearing a full ODST costume with one of these is hand.... ;)

I'll do it if someone wants to give me ODST Armor :lol I just don't have the patience and time to make my own.

XxK1LLR0YxX said:
You still cant get the back part to work?

Nope, tried but I designed the cut out slightly higher than it should have been. Removing any more material is going to make it loose and more prone to snapping.

If the version 2 slide doesn't work, I'll start looking for a used plastic hicapa slide. Then I'll just glue it on.

Also, just finished with some outdoor pictures.

dsc0024vw.jpg

dsc0025xe.jpg

dsc0028sg.jpg

dsc0030ek.jpg

Just barely fits the holster, pain to reholster the pistol. To give you an idea how big this is, all of my other pistols (Glock 18, P226, M9) all fit in that holster without sticking out the bottom.

dsc0034ee.jpg

dsc0020ji.jpg

dsc0022v.jpg

Looks like my version 2 plans are going to be delayed even longer. Just got word from my teacher and the printer is still down after nearly 2 weeks. This really sucks. The only other place near me that has a 3D printer charges a lot, something like $30 per cubic inch for the model and support materially individually. Probably would cost me somewhere around $500 to have it printed, so I think I'll wait til the one at school is running again.

Aww, that sucks dude. Hope the printer gets fixed. I am dying to see it completely assembled. It looks really badass in your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back