Props M6c/socom Magnum

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1l3nt V1p3r

Sr Member
Update time.
This is what I have done to it. I have a video up explaining what I did to it, go watch it HERE.

So this is the new 'G. The old one was not good at all, and I realize that now. So now I had a perfectly good model to go by, which was the 'C version I was making, so I took the opportunity to change it. And here it is.
Enjoy,
Viper

Pictures:
img_1069.jpg

img_1070.jpg

img_1071.jpg

---------------OLD POST------------------
I'm sure many of you have read about "my little secret project", and that I would reveal what it was when the time was right, Well, that time is now, and I would gladly present my latest project: The M6C Magnum.
I'm using a new technique that I have never used before, but quite frankly it was very easy to use. What I would do was to use several layers of material and put them in layers to form what I call a "Cake" or a "Hamburger" (Thin plywood on the bottom, two layers of splint plates in the middle and another layer of thin plywood on top). Now I would hold these layers together with screws, put a stencil on top of the "Cake" and draw around the stencil to mark where to cut with the Jig Saw. After the parts had been cut out (magazine, trigger guard, handle and the top part), I'd glue the layers together and still hold them in place with screws. Once it was all dry and solid, I'd file down the uneven edges until they were even. Now I'd glue the different parts together and fill up all the holes left behind by the screws. I made the handle hollow, so it would accept a magazine into it. (The first removable magazine I have ever made, and I'm satisfied with the result. :D)
The next stage was to file the edges around the Magnum so it wouldn't look as "squarish". I'd sand down all unevenness that I could find, and I'd paint it black for reference...
I cut out the trigger and glued it into place. And this is as far as I've gotten on the Magnum. So now I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story. ;)

This is the stencil I used.
Halo20MagnumPerfectSize.gif

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Awww! It's so cute!

er, I meant cool :D :cool:

I know, it's purdy. :3
I'll be taking a break for a while, the Jazz Festival is next week. I don't want to miss that. ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Poplar is a type of wood, it's light, but fairly strong and holds details pretty well. Lowes, HomeDepot, or other stores like that should have some in their wood racks.

Loess said:
Poplar is a type of wood, it's light, but fairly strong and holds details pretty well. Lowes, HomeDepot, or other stores like that should have some in their wood racks.

I'll let this pass this once... But please check where I'm from before suggesting stores that we don't even have here.

I don't use fake stuff, I use the real deal. :cool:
And besides, if you have the materials just laying around, why buy more? This magnum hasn't cost me a dime. ;)

Does the mag stay inside by itself, or are you gonna put like a magnet or something inside?

Anyways, its looking real nice so far... ;)

SPaRtaN-1I7 said:
Does the mag stay inside by itself, or are you gonna put like a magnet or something inside?

Anyways, its looking real nice so far... ;)
It stays inside by itself, because the Mag is as wide as the hollowed out area I cut out. ;)

Blarg, Semi-update.

So I decided to make the C-version into a G-version. Why? Because I thing the G is better looking, and the one I'm making now looks better than the one I made earlier. And vice versa: I'm gonna make the first G-version into a C-Version, because the first G-version is smaller than the one I'm making now. Perfect. ;)
Just to let you know that is this project is not abandoned.

-Viper

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Blarg, Semi-update.

So I decided to make the C-version into a G-version. Why? Because I thing the G is better looking, and the one I'm making now looks better than the one I made earlier. And vice versa: I'm gonna make the first G-version into a C-Version, because the first G-version is smaller than the one I'm making now. Perfect. ;)
Just to let you know that is this project is not abandoned.

-Viper

I'm shaping the grips on my M64D right now... I'm covered with wood dust :D

k guise, updait tiem! :3

New and improved pictures in the first post, check em out!
Post Questions and Constructive Criticism here!

Totally Righteous dude! That looks better than I expected so soon lol. Great work, cant wait to see this thing finished :D

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Totally Righteous dude! That looks better than I expected so soon lol. Great work, cant wait to see this thing finished :D

All in a days work. ;)
I'll do more painting tomorrow, though. expect to see a better result. :D

10-4 my good Sir.

Oh, and I'll be taking that "full" SR pic with the scope when i get home... in about 20 minutes, so check it out ;)

BlacRoseImmortal said:
10-4 my good Sir.

Oh, and I'll be taking that "full" SR pic with the scope when i get home... in about 20 minutes, so check it out ;)

Roger that, my fair lady. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back