M6g And Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickgyver

My Son wanted a sniper rifle to haul around with his MC costume this Halloween. He has his first contest tonight so it was a sleepless night.

med_gallery_9023_807_80366.jpg

The barrels are from an old pool skimmer. There were three sections of telescoping tubing. The outer one had the ridges on it and worked great for the main barrel. The inner tube had a plastic adapter for the skimmer implements. It worked just fine for the lower barrel as the spark arrestor.

The overall length is 48", which is sized about right for my Son who is 59" tall. It took about six hours total time to build from cardboard and some PVC pipe couplers (for the larger section around the barrel and the round part of the scope).

I purchased a 9V, 20 second sound recording module from Radio Shack ($10.79) and installed it where the trigger would go. I extended the speaker to be housed in the forward end of the scope tube and recorded the sound of the sniper rifle. It's a pretty cool effect.

I also threw together an M6G Magnum in about 45 minutes. It is pretty rough but it was 4:30am when I started on it this morning. I just need to figure out how to attach this to his costume, and where. I think I've seen it on MC's thigh.

med_gallery_9023_807_182006.jpg

Both look really good for how fast you put them together. the paint is very nice!! both guns have a very good shape to them so I would say you got the shape down!
Please, Tell me more about the sound, trigger, and speakers. I'm interest in that please!

wow i wish my dad was that cool. man, 6 hours for a bad-a sniper. that just makes me feel bad that its taking me so long to get stuff done. oh well, great job.

That's Awesome! For the Pistol I've used a Airsoft Holster I had and attached it to the thigh, it made the the weigh more but if the they has a support belt it should work. (your pistol might be to big for the holster though.

rickgyver said:
My Son wanted a sniper rifle to haul around with his MC costume this Halloween. He has his first contest tonight so it was a sleepless night.

med_gallery_9023_807_80366.jpg

The barrels are from an old pool skimmer. There were three sections of telescoping tubing. The outer one had the ridges on it and worked great for the main barrel. The inner tube had a plastic adapter for the skimmer implements. It worked just fine for the lower barrel as the spark arrestor.

The overall length is 48", which is sized about right for my Son who is 59" tall. It took about six hours total time to build from cardboard and some PVC pipe couplers (for the larger section around the barrel and the round part of the scope).

I purchased a 9V, 20 second sound recording module from Radio Shack ($10.79) and installed it where the trigger would go. I extended the speaker to be housed in the forward end of the scope tube and recorded the sound of the sniper rifle. It's a pretty cool effect.

I also threw together an M6G Magnum in about 45 minutes. It is pretty rough but it was 4:30am when I started on it this morning. I just need to figure out how to attach this to his costume, and where. I think I've seen it on MC's thigh.

med_gallery_9023_807_182006.jpg

That's a nice sniper you got there...

M6G looks good too. If you can throw all that in one day you must be on roids.

Nice job!

Last edited by a moderator:
All my father ever built me was a wooden truck!....a small one. Well I always did like it, but I can imagien this would have been very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back