Props M6G PDWS Magnum (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both my BR and SMGs are wood. The BR is about 90% wood. The SMGs are about 98%.
The rest are metals for the slides and the barrel/scope/gun action for teh BR.

Okay guys, I'm just gonna show you the progress I've done on the Magnum, as promised.
So here you go, the latest update.
Enjoy

~Viper~

I decided to paint the magnum black, just for the fun of it. (I know it's supposed to be silver/black, but I wanted it to have a mixture of both the M6D and the M6C. So there you have it)
These two pictures are blurry, so you wont see the wood grains. Looks just like a real gun, eh?
IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

These two photos are a bit sharper. Little more detail, but now the wood grains are showing.
IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

Other side of the Magnum.
IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

Let's compare, shall we? ;)
IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

Friendly said:
No way, dude. Your prop-making skills never cease to amaze me.

Thanks man. I hope I'll be making more weapons from the Halo Universe in the future. ^^,

SPaRtaN-1I7 said:
whats that other gun behind the pistol.. Kinda looks like a AK-47

Then you would be right. That AK was my first project withing weapon building. And I have since become better and better at it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was suggested earlier, but some kind of coating to kill the wood grain would make it look a *lot* better. Maybe a thin layer of bondo?

After that, maybe a bit more detail is in order..

One thing that could help is to cut off the laser pointer nub you have, drill a hole into the wood, and insert a real one. On a lot of the cheap little 5$ ones, when you screw the dome off they have a neat-looking machined head that would fit the aesthetics of the M6 pretty well.. and work to boot.

I think it was suggested earlier, but some kind of coating to kill the wood grain would make it look a *lot* better. Maybe a thin layer of bondo?

yeah i think some fiberglass resin just brushed on should work

Vrogy said:

After that, maybe a bit more detail is in order..

One thing that could help is to cut off the laser pointer nub you have, drill a hole into the wood, and insert a real one. On a lot of the cheap little 5$ ones, when you screw the dome off they have a neat-looking machined head that would fit the aesthetics of the M6 pretty well.. and work to boot.

Unfortunately, I don't have any bondo lying around. My only options was FG Resin, which I tried but it still wouldn't work. I came up with an idea of just spraying a couple of layers of black matte paint, and sand it down a little, and then spray the final layer of paint.

And thanks for that idea, I'll try to find a small lazer pointer at an office store in town. I agree, it would look pretty neat with the M6.

Looking good. To help get rid of the wood grain peeking through the paint you could put several coats of primer on it. The sandable automotive kind works best. Paint and sand and paint and sand until you cant see the grain. Its what I did on my MA5K build and you cant even see a hint of wood grain anywhere.

Spartan 161 said:
Looking good. To help get rid of the wood grain peeking through the paint you could put several coats of primer on it. The sandable automotive kind works best. Paint and sand and paint and sand until you cant see the grain. Its what I did on my MA5K build and you cant even see a hint of wood grain anywhere.
Yessss....

Looks like I'll be hunting for some automotive primer then. Thanks!

Looks pretty good,
although my suggestions would be
that you do some good finish sanding so you don't see the grain of the wood.
and use a smaller bolt head for the slides quick release bolt, they have small ones that look really close to hte game, and then spend a tad more time painting and use some contrasting colors. WOuld look a lot better. i'm just giving some constructive criticism, so don't take it personal.
The things i love about it though is that you spent a lot of time getting the shape just right and put time into detail,
good job and keep up the good work.

-Justin

tonsofhoopla said:
Looks pretty good,
although my suggestions would be
that you do some good finish sanding so you don't see the grain of the wood.

Yeah, next time I'm at my dad's place, I'll continue on the sanding.

tonsofhoopla said:
and use a smaller bolt head for the slides quick release bolt, they have small ones that look really close to hte game
Those bolts are only there temporary. I will try to find better bolts some other time.

tonsofhoopla said:
and then spend a tad more time painting and use some contrasting colors. WOuld look a lot better. i'm just giving some constructive criticism, so don't take it personal.

Nothing personal taken. ;)
Yes, a better paintjob is required, indeed.

tonsofhoopla said:
The things i love about it though is that you spent a lot of time getting the shape just right and put time into detail,
good job and keep up the good work.

-Justin

Thanks Justin. I'll try to keep you guys updated with pictures and stuff, but don't expect the update to arrive soon.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
That AK was my first project withing weapon building. And I have since become better and better at it. ;)

No keeding.

*Update*

So it's been like what... One and a half months since I've updated this ************? That's a long time, I tell ya. :cool:

So anyway, what I would like to say is that I will be visiting my dad this weekend, so I will be getting some jobs done. Preferrably on the M6G, but on other props as well. No guarantees though, but I might finish the Magnum THIS weekend! Isn't that great? :rolleyes Just be patient, I know there are alot of you out there that would like to see this god damn project finished.

So my plans are getting some Silver Paint and more Black Matte paint for the "G". Perhaps some random **** for detailing and what-not. :sleep:

Kind regards,
Viper. <3

(And to whoever think that this is a double post... Look at the damn posting date... Thank you.)

yeshhhh

Finally!! i wanted to see this thing done for a time now!!
you inspired me when i dug up my M6G and started improving

so thanks!

Oh yeah, finally crossed the finishline! But I won't write a 200 word essay about how awesome it is, because I've realized that it is just stupid. Why won't I let you guys just watch the pictures, eh?

These three photos were taken earlier today, before I made the finishing touches to the paintjob.
IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

These last few images are taken after the painting, so it can't get any better than this. (And don't mind me... I know I put on a weird smilieface.)
IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back