M7 Caseless SMG WIP (Halo 3 ver.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MandoMan531

...but at least i came back with something totally fantasical. Hopefully you guys remeber me, its been all winter. last thing i came up with was the functional helmet vents made with steel mesh and wire loom.

All comments/constructive criticism welcome.

Well here she is...

th_Picture144.jpg
th_Picture143.jpg

basically im worried about proportion, does it look right/close?

i devised the slide for the stock myself and the whole thing was built with foamcore and hot glue. i had first made a pepa one to my exact scale and it seemed too small so i eyeballed it and transferred it to foamcore and it seem WAY better now.

everything moves/slides freely. i already have a plan for a stop on the slide for the stock.

will have:

1. functional cocking lever
2. telescoping slide
3. folding forgrip
4. removeable magazine with indicatior lights
5. removeable silencer for M7S variant.
6. fully detailed surface and textured, rubberized grips.
7.(hopefully) a metal barrel

i also have an MA5C in the works and hopefully starting the BR55 and M6G (with optional M6D variant parts) soon.

let me all know what you think of it and anything i should add.

BTW im seriously thinking about making a mold of this when im done and making 2 pulls for myself. i would be totally willing to help others out with pulls for a reasonable price.

MandoMan531 said:
"basically im worried about proportion, does it look right/close?"

The Upper reciever looks like it needs to be a bit smaller. But otherwise, looks like a fantastic start to the SMG.

Keep it up!

I like all the details you have planned.

-Justin

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: i slimmed the receiver down a little bit shaving 5mm from the top and bottom, hopefully you can tell the difference. i didnt alter the length of the receiver, because it looked right at first but i think i may have to change it? what do you guys think? i also changed the stock, redoing the track for the slide and shaving 5mm off the top of it and the stock.
you may have to look at the pics side by side to tell the difference. originals are in the first post.

th_Picture146.jpg
th_Picture145.jpg

EDIT: just did this really quick. i shortened the receiver a bit and made quick sights and a mock barrel. Hows it look now?

th_Picture148.jpg
th_Picture147.jpg

Just did a simple resculpt of the grip "thumb-hole" area to make it more curved. also added the magazine, i thik its pretty close to proper size. and i also gaveyou guys some "in hand" pics to see the relative size of it. is a litte fat, but once it gets resined im sanding the hell out of it to get the oval shape the receiver has in the in game model. dremel out all the details etc.

th_Picture152.jpg
th_Picture151.jpg
th_Picture150.jpg
th_Picture149.jpg

hopefully alotta pics will get moe people to reply ^^

looks great, only thing i have to say is re-do the triggerguard, its too block.its not 90 degree angle on it

No, the trigger guard looks right. All my references and blueprints show it blocky.

It looks good. Keep going like this and it'll look amazing.

MandoMan531 said:
really? from the pics on Halopedia it looks awfully blocky to me.
he's right, Look on the site's SMG reference pics, the trigger guard cuts back at a 90 degree angle. Very good for cardboard by the way!

:popcorn:

MandoMan531 said:
Update: i slimmed the receiver down a little bit shaving 5mm from the top and bottom, hopefully you can tell the difference. i didnt alter the length of the receiver, because it looked right at first but i think i may have to change it? what do you guys think? i also changed the stock, redoing the track for the slide and shaving 5mm off the top of it and the stock.
you may have to look at the pics side by side to tell the difference. originals are in the first post.
th_Picture146.jpg
th_Picture145.jpg
EDIT: just did this really quick. i shortened the receiver a bit and made quick sights and a mock barrel. Hows it look now?

th_Picture148.jpg
th_Picture147.jpg

Excellent :D
Glad you took the advice.
width is good, but looking at it, it seems like the receiver needs to be just a tad longer.
But it looks extremely good right now, you are doing a fantastic job!
Keep it up!

-Justin

like how much longer? remeber, if i mess with the length of the receiver now, it will alter the distance from the forefrip to the trigger, therefore the foregrip would need to be longer to match up with the triggerguard properly. unless i misunderstood what you meant.

sorry, my mistake.its just so thin... i forgot that you are going to resin it. but well, just make hella good SMG!!

well, wee theway i did it was kinda a guess. i opened a pic of the smg and use a ruler to measure the LENGTH of the stock, just the stock. Length meaning from to the part that goes on your shoulder to where the stock meets the SMG receiver and i found that the stock length was relatively half of the receiver length, so i measured my stock, doubled it, and drew that line on the receiver. when i went to cut the receiver i realized it was gonna make it way too small so i added a little more and then cut it.

so did you mean it was too short (barrel to stock) or too thin? it fit in my hand good and with gloves and hand armor on it should look right, i hope.

i may get time to resin today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back