MA5C painting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabreTaser

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
Got my hands on this blaster toy for future Halo costumes, a MA5C gel ball blaster (pic for reference, I lost the original photo but the blaster did look like this prior to me painting it up)

halo_ma5c_wbb_rifle_1512560911_a95d88ac.jpg

Removed the markings and all, now it looks something like this.

20190703_204825.jpg

Any advice on how I can further improve on the looks for this MA5C? (e.g. paint wise, decals/stickers to apply on to the AR)

I'm also considering removing the internals, should I do so?

Punished props did a video on metal finish got plastic swords with a guy... don't remember his name. But that would be cool to do around most of the piece, then clear coat it and paint the parts you want to paint.

Not too sure on the cost difference, but I got mine secondhand and it definitely didn't cross $100 haha

Use some frog tape, and black n' grey spraypaint to add some painting color to it! Then get some silver metalic acrylic paint to add scrapes to it by dry-brushing it on. Just be sure not to go overboard on the wear and tear, because it gets fun brushing it on. (Someone at a con recommended something called metalic silver rub n buff for scrapes, but I haven't tried it myself. She said it works a heck of a lot better than metallic acrylics). Then finish it off with some black washing, following with a clear coat to protect it

A blackwash, paint crapes to reveal the silver metal underneath, and dirt weathering always makes a paintjob look good and authentic. It also hides any mistakes and adds depth to your prop

Update:

Had a quick crash course from a friend, then went on with a light coating of silver paint to the existing AR, for a more metallic, weathered look to the AR. (also helped me to cover up some of the yellow spots I missed last time haha ;))

67729517_10214435331339686_4560650979338354688_n.jpg

(Special mention to Jameskcf for the crash course, couldn't have done it without you, buddy :) )

Last edited:
wow the paint is great
btw it look like terminator theme lol
try some triagle and unsc decal on it

wow the paint is great
btw it look like terminator theme lol
try some triagle and unsc decal on it

Thanks! Whaddya mean by Terminator theme though? Got any pics? :oops:

Definitely considering to add some decor onto it for sure, altho not sure what to add on or to keep it as it is haha

You could look into adding the LED lights beside the ammo counter and for the flashlight toggle. That might not be on the H4 model of MA5 though. I can't remember off the top of my head.

You could look into adding the LED lights beside the ammo counter and for the flashlight toggle. That might not be on the H4 model of MA5 though. I can't remember off the top of my head.

IIRC the flashlight already works, not sure if it still is working fine since it's been a while, but definitely will check it haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back