Made In Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete, how tall are you? Just curious how large/small the suit is depending on your height, I've never heard of flex foam, but it seems promising seeing you maid a whole suit of it. Is it any cheaper than the normal liquid plastic way people mold their suits? Also any easier to use/work with?

Wow, that looks great! If that's a quick job, I'd love to see your slow job.

And that flex foam stuff sounds interesting.

Garland said:
Wow, that looks great! If that's a quick job, I'd love to see your slow job.

And that flex foam stuff sounds interesting.

Hey guys, Pete and I chatted on the phone the other night and I got some details on the flexfoam he spoke of. It is a smooth-on product, here it the goods on their new Flex foam 25.

FlexFoam-iT!™ Series Flexible Urethane Foams

FlexFoam-iT!™ III, V, X & 25 flexible foams are available in 3, 5 and 10 lbs. densities. They are two-component flexible foams that are strong, versatile and easy to use. A + B mixture expands many times its original volume. Vibrant colors can be achieved by adding color pigments. Ideal for arts, crafts, industrial and specials effects applications including padding/cushion material and gasket material

http://www.smooth-on.com/foams.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete, great info in this thread and AMAZING work! :not worthy:

However, the flex foam-it...how do you make it hollow? Do you bore out the inside once cast or do you slush cast, removing the excess expansion on the inside? It just made me wonder...

Thanks for any info on this!

Ixius

its so beautiful i feel like crying, how much do you think they put into this project, i want it i'll really kill someone for it j/k

Wow, I'm going to use the stuff you used for casting, I mean, its cheaper than the casting resin, and apparently it can withstand paintball, plus it is flexible for comfort, and if you don't want flexible, you can just fiberglass it or something.
Dude, you are a great inspirement to me man

Hey man... Its good to see you jumped on the halo train. I've been a fan of your work for some time now. Great job on the sculpt. As always i'm very impressed.

thanks everyone for the comments. sorry been aways from the site due to Halloween orders currently working on..ill be finishing the suit after i get my other work done.

and also thanks for the B day wishes back in august:)

Boryenko- Im in ontario close to niagara falls

Ill post more process pictures and info when I get back on the halo suit

Pete

ill be back in 2-3 weeks with an update heres a size ref picture some folks asked for..see ya soon!

CopyofPicture096.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back