mah helmit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TwitchFMX8811 said:
the only thing I can think of to improve it is to redo it in pep. Sorry I dont mean to be mean.

thanks, but i was thinking how to improve it without starting all over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand what you are wanting but I just dont see how. Maybe you and just take it apart (if thats even possible) and reassemble it. Other than that I just dont see how it could.

TwitchFMX8811 said:
I understand what you are wanting but I just dont see how. Maybe you and just take it apart (if thats even possible) and reassemble it. Other than that I just dont see how it could.

its technically falling apart, i can see tat now.

EDIT:200th Post!!!

daredevil71789 said:
not to be meen but it looks crooked and messedup.

i see that. i wore it for halloween once and the chestplate broke!!!

I KNOW!!!!and i was still going to houses, oh, and the helmet was HOT

Making a pep helm is not as much work as you think. Since you are already working with a pattern, there is very little adjusting that needs to be done. With scratchbuilding, you make your own patterns, try to fit it all together, and get frustrated in the process. I have nothing against scratchbuilding, as I do it myself, but if the resources are there, and they have been proven to work well, why not use them? There are many methods of making these helmets, and if you search the site, you will find ways to get around the cost of many items. Sign shops ALWAYS have extra misprints and leftovers of sintra (pvc sheets used on "for sale" signs. They often will give them away, because for their purposes, it is not useful. Sintra is extremely useful in propmaking and when you can get it for free, take advantage! Sintra is also perfect for pep, as it can be folded(with scoring) and glued(with pvc adhesive) very easily. It will not sag when fiberglassed like cardstock will, and it accepts bondo with ease.
(Home Depot sells the signs in different sizes for cheep.)

I am not saying to just trash your helmet that you took a lot of time to build, I am saying just look at other options. I went thru tons of cardboard trying to make my helmet work and then I found this forum. I printed out the pep file and within hours, I had the start of a great helmet.

Don't give up, but don't waste your time and money on something if you are not confident if it will work for you.

The helmet got hot, because It is made of foamboard. You were insulating your head, which is where much of your body heat is released. Strategic placement of vents will allow air to flow out and keep yer noggin cooler.

The search button on this forum is extremely useful. The answers you seek may not pop up first on the list, but everything(mostly) that you need to know is on this forum somewhere.

Good luck! :D

Ill try to answer your question to the best of my ability.

If you do not want to start over in pep, which may save you time in the long run, there's a couple things you can do.

First, add some support to the sides of the visor. If your on a limited budget, try cutting out something strong in the shape of the design on the sides of the Mk V. (that's what your making, right?). This will help support the brim, and you'll be able to even it out a little easier.
The bottom is kinda hard to see in the picture, but maybe try to extend it a little farther outwards. On the converse, you could always trim the brim a little, which might also help.

Overall, it's kinda hard to see alot without a couple different angles. Depending on how sturdy the helmet is, you may be able to add volume and detail to it in order to make it better. If it is flimsy and weak however, I won't lie to you, you may just end up putting a ton of time into something that you may have to just re-do. Keep at it though! You obviously are aiming to make and complete a project, and that is admirable enough.

im pretty sure he was saying that the chestpeice breaking sucked. not the helmet. but onto that note for about the same price he paid for the board he made the helmet from he could make a pep model.

Arbiter452 said:
here it is.
[attachment=4074:photo_94.jpg]
tell me what i can do to improve it please!!!
Looks perfect! Wow what model helmet is that? How many times did you sand/bondo? You must make a tutorial please!

If you guys couldn't tell this guy is clearly joking around /mocking noobs.

Zaso117 said:
Ill try to answer your question to the best of my ability.

If you do not want to start over in pep, which may save you time in the long run, there's a couple things you can do.

First, add some support to the sides of the visor. If your on a limited budget, try cutting out something strong in the shape of the design on the sides of the Mk V. (that's what your making, right?). This will help support the brim, and you'll be able to even it out a little easier.
The bottom is kinda hard to see in the picture, but maybe try to extend it a little farther outwards. On the converse, you could always trim the brim a little, which might also help.

Overall, it's kinda hard to see alot without a couple different angles. Depending on how sturdy the helmet is, you may be able to add volume and detail to it in order to make it better. If it is flimsy and weak however, I won't lie to you, you may just end up putting a ton of time into something that you may have to just re-do. Keep at it though! You obviously are aiming to make and complete a project, and that is admirable enough.

well, i was originally going for Mk IV, but i like MK V aswell.

LukeTrocity said:
Looks perfect! Wow what model helmet is that? How many times did you sand/bondo? You must make a tutorial please!
If you guys couldn't tell this guy is clearly joking around /mocking noobs.

if your using my topic to mock me, well, im just going to have to tell the mods. and if your saying that IM mocking noobs, well, thats my first atempt at a helmet. so of course it would stink!!!

Arbiter452 said:
here it is.
[attachment=4074:photo_94.jpg]
tell me what i can do to improve it please!!!

cant help you m8 dont recongnise what helmet it is ?? got any better pics
i would go with the others and say start from scratch using pep files there not that hard

Scotty said:
cant help you m8 dont recongnise what helmet it is ??
The split visor is a dead giveaway: it's a Mark V helmet.

I highly recommend that you try pepakura. Building things from scratch takes a lot of experience and skill and since this is your first attempt, pepakura is far friendlier for beginners than the other media.

Status
Not open for further replies.