makin a ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.
find an old lawnmower and see if it works and theres your engine.
just need a way to rig it up. ill draw something up to show you how i would do it.

you could use an old riding lawmower chassis. There youve got the steering, and everything. But if you were to take it to a con, it might be better electrically powered. :mrgreen:

Sketched this up on a napkin...

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z82/sky...pg?t=1178684567

The "airbags" are made of a nylon weave fabric that lets air through at high pressure; pretty simple, it doesn't actually need to be in that shape to work eiter. The little wheel on the back is the steering and drive mechanism, but I didn't draw the motor (which would probably be electric). It's not on there either, but the air motor would probably be two leaf blowers or similar.

The thing to remember about rear steering is that it turns the opposite way you turn the steering wheel, so unless you want a very uncomfortable ride, you need to reverse it. I'll post back with ideas if I have 'em. This would be a pretty cheap way to make a cool little vehicle, even if it didn't have the ghost body.

BTW, if you want my opinion on how to make that body, I'd say layer up styrofoam in the general profile and sculpt it down. Messy, but it works. Then you could fiberglass it or whatever you were planning on.

have you thought about just building a body and then putting it on a slightly modified go-cart. old go carts are cheap. all you would have to do is modify the back of the body of the go-cart seeing as the back is only as wide as the seat. but that wouldn't be hard.

r1ng077 said:
have you thought about just building a body and then putting it on a slightly modified go-cart. old go carts are cheap. all you would have to do is modify the back of the body of the go-cart seeing as the back is only as wide as the seat. but that wouldn't be hard.
if you did this, you'd actually need to mod the cart a ton, becuase it has diffeent dimensins than the ghost

Last edited by a moderator:
Just get a trike (3 wheeled atv) and switch the transmition so that forwards is backwards. Then you should have a good base

Cool. My friends and I were thinking of turning a bike into a ghost before so that it can go on pedals and it can turn. We were also thinking of putting a radio in the back that plays the ghost hovering sound over and over. Awesome progress tho. ;-)

Why not just make a motorized ELite that tows the ghost behind him with fishing line as he walks.

oh yeah.. that might be kinda hard.. nevermind

IM BULDIN A WARTHOG

I AGREE WITH HIM ITS EXPENSIVE BUT IM BUILDIN A WARTHOG SO ANY THING IS POSSIBLE WHEN YOU TRY ;-)

Warhod360 Please edit previous posts to add new comments rather than double and triple posting.

Thanks

hey once your done you can put some
10469.jpg

neon lights like those on the bottom (in purple tho) and make it pimpin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back