Making a halo video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarge Christi said:
I thought about that, but, the brutes might cross paths, which would be bad for cloning, right?

You could always just edit each frame in photoshop.
Yes. I know it would be very tedious and timeconsuming, but the end effect would be awesome! Imagine your spartan surrounded by a bunch of pissed-off brutes. SWEET!

What kind of camera are you planning to use?

I would ask about audio, but since your overlaying this with music and prolly splicing the explosions and gunfire in, that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Also, pepakura is great for shots where detail isn't a concern. Like a marine running across the frame in the background while the camera is focused on the spartan getting up in the foreground or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.. I could edit the movie tediously, I might just do that.
I'm actually buying a new program to edit my movie with. I was just using some program my friend gave to me. *shrugs*
Pep will do the trick for the back up marines/ODST.
I will probably do the rest wit some Fiberglass.

xal, what could you do digitally?

I might just use a digital camera. :whistle: My dad has a wonderful one. As for sound, if I want there to be sound, I could make a cheap boom pole.

You sound very into this project. Are you planning on filming this back in the states ?(I have no idea when you get back) Sounds like an awesome project!

I will film this back in the states.
I'm afraid of a lot of Singapore's laws, so having my actors carrying around guns might not make the government too happy.
And there's not a lot of forest here, just city, city, city.

Random banshees flying through the air?
My program isn't that good for rendering, but it's modeler is beautuful. Can anyone take models and animate them?
I could also do plasma bolts...glowing energy swords...other stuff.

You might want to look into buying a Canon XL2 or GL2.
It's expensive, but it's way worth it.
Those are still techincally digital cemeras due to the fact that they use miniDV tapes, but the video quality is much more superior to that of a regular digital cam.

That camera is so expensive. :mad:

Xal, I have Maya 7.0, I could make the models, could you put them in the video?

LOL!!! I was gonna ask the other way around! My program cant do real for shite!!! But I can model fine. :lol:
Huh, does anyone have A program that can take 3DS or OBJ models and animate/ render?
I'm starting the banshee now. Do you want halo 1/2 or halo 3? (with the incandecent head)

Well I have 3ds MAX 8 which can render and animate.
Though I dont really know how to use it (then I better learn it quick).

Also theres a program called Blender 3d.
It should be able to render and animate but I'm not sure.
It's for free but I find modeling in it a big pain in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back